Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FAQ's

Before I start asking a bunch of questions, thought I better ask this one.
Does this group have a FAQ?

Thanks

--
Peace
Milo

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Milo" milo@oil filter.hughes.net wrote in message
Before I start asking a bunch of questions, thought I better ask this one.
Does this group have a FAQ?

Thanks

--
Peace
Milo
http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/mholroyd/

Milo
Judging from the photos in the link I think you should just ask away.
Metalworking topics would be a refreshing change from the politics posted
here of late. I like the photo of you crossing the log bridge in your IH
pickup.
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Up North" wrote in message

"Milo" milo@oil filter.hughes.net wrote in message
Before I start asking a bunch of questions, thought I better ask this
one.
Does this group have a FAQ?

Thanks

--
Peace
Milo
http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/mholroyd/

Milo
Judging from the photos in the link I think you should just ask away.
Metalworking topics would be a refreshing change from the politics posted
here of late. I like the photo of you crossing the log bridge in your IH
pickup.
Steve

Thanks for the reply.
That pic of the logging bridge crossing is from 1972. My father was driving
at the time.
Mom walked across first, and took the picture.

I am restoring the truck and camper.

Peace
Milo
http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/mholroyd/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 12, 1:47*pm, "Milo" milo@oil filter.hughes.net wrote:
Before I start asking a bunch of questions, thought I better ask this one..
Does this group have a FAQ?

Thanks

--
Peace
Milohttp://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/mholroyd/

What year is the IH pickup? My first vehicle was a '57 IH pickup that
I bought for $50. We had a Travelall when I was a kid.
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Feb 12, 1:47 pm, "Milo" milo@oil filter.hughes.net wrote:
Before I start asking a bunch of questions, thought I better ask this one.
Does this group have a FAQ?

Thanks

--
Peace
Milohttp://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/mholroyd/

What year is the IH pickup? My first vehicle was a '57 IH pickup that
I bought for $50. We had a Travelall when I was a kid.
Karl

It is a 1964 C-1200 4 X 4 Travelette. Eight foot flat bed for the camper.

Peace
Milo
http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/mholroyd/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Milo wrote:
Before I start asking a bunch of questions, thought I better ask this one.
Does this group have a FAQ?

It does.

Scott Logan generously posts it to the group every couple
weeks.
Search on Subject:FAQ for rec.crafts.metalworking (Updated 23 Aug 06)
for this group to see his most recent post.

It'll include a reference to:
http://w3.uwyo.edu/~metal/

--Winston

--

I'm still waiting for another sublime, transcendent flash of adequacy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 12, 5:47*pm, "Milo" milo@oil filter.hughes.net wrote:
Before I start asking a bunch of questions, thought I better ask this one..
Does this group have a FAQ?

Thanks

--
Peace
Milohttp://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/mholroyd/

Last FAQ from Scott Logan thru google groups (Feb 6):
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...c443d155029ec#
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Feb 12, 5:47 pm, "Milo" milo@oil filter.hughes.net wrote:
Before I start asking a bunch of questions, thought I better ask this one.
Does this group have a FAQ?

Thanks

--
Peace
Milohttp://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/mholroyd/

Last FAQ from Scott Logan thru google groups (Feb 6):
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...c443d155029ec#

It does.

Scott Logan generously posts it to the group every couple
weeks.
Search on Subject:FAQ for rec.crafts.metalworking (Updated 23 Aug 06)
for this group to see his most recent post.

It'll include a reference to:
http://w3.uwyo.edu/~metal/

--Winston

Thank you both. Some good links there.

Peace
Milo
http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/mholroyd/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 13, 1:34*am, "Milo" milo@oil filter.hughes.net wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 12, 1:47 pm, "Milo" milo@oil filter.hughes.net wrote:

Before I start asking a bunch of questions, thought I better ask this one.
Does this group have a FAQ?

Thanks

--
Peace
Milohttp://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/mholroyd/

What year is the IH pickup? My first vehicle was a '57 IH pickup that
I bought for $50. We had a Travelall when I was a kid.
Karl

It is a 1964 C-1200 4 X 4 Travelette. Eight foot flat bed for the camper.

Peace
Milohttp://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/mholroyd/

The bed on mine was 6 ft. Our Travelall was early 60's. I have a 90
year old friend that still drives a Scout. I'm not sure but I think he
bought it new. He's also got a short bed Landrover but prefers the
Scout because the diesel in his Landrover had torque but no
acceleration in the city driving he does. He does complain about the
rust holes in the Scout, but it's around 30 or 40 years old and in
Hawaii. I like it when people keep the old stuff running.
Looks like you'll fit right in. Ask your questions. Ignore the posts
that don't interest you. You probably won't agree with some of the
political views here but there's usually several people who can answer
your questions or make good suggestions.
While no one here will mind your asking do a Google search on this
fgroup for what you're interested in there's a good chance it's been
answered. Everyone here likes old iron including the techies.
Karl
Karl