Mogweed

Default Can't see faq's - Part P

I've looked through all messages I can see but can't find a link to any
FAQ's relating to the new electrical (building) regs so I just wanted to
ask, will it still be possible to do DIY electrical work then have the local
council building regs dept inspect it (obviously they'll no doubt charge an
extortionate fee), or does it now have to be done by a suitably qualified
and registered electrician?

Cheers,

Mogweed.

Rick Dipper

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:44:42 -0000, "Mogweed" wrote:

I've looked through all messages I can see but can't find a link to any
FAQ's relating to the new electrical (building) regs so I just wanted to
ask, will it still be possible to do DIY electrical work then have the local
council building regs dept inspect it (obviously they'll no doubt charge an
extortionate fee), or does it now have to be done by a suitably qualified
and registered electrician?

Cheers,

Mogweed.

You can have it checked by a real sparkie. I intend to do use a real
sparke as a consultant when I wire up my selfbuild.

Rick

Mogweed

"Rick Dipper" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:44:42 -0000, "Mogweed" wrote:

I've looked through all messages I can see but can't find a link to any
FAQ's relating to the new electrical (building) regs so I just wanted to
ask, will it still be possible to do DIY electrical work then have the
local
council building regs dept inspect it (obviously they'll no doubt charge
an
extortionate fee), or does it now have to be done by a suitably qualified
and registered electrician?

Cheers,

Mogweed.

You can have it checked by a real sparkie. I intend to do use a real
sparke as a consultant when I wire up my selfbuild.

Rick

Cheers Rick, that's good to know.

Mogweed.

Mike

"Mogweed" wrote in message
I've looked through all messages I can see but can't find a link to any
FAQ's relating to the new electrical (building) regs so I just wanted to
ask, will it still be possible to do DIY electrical work then have the

local
council building regs dept inspect it (obviously they'll no doubt charge

an
extortionate fee), or does it now have to be done by a suitably qualified
and registered electrician?

You may find using building control is cheaper and easier. As I've found
with other items, qualified people don't really like checking other people's
work (which I fully understand) so using your BCO is the most likely route.
Don't worry, he won't understand half of what you say to him - just sound
knowledgeable.