Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Dee Wescott, 1927 - 2009

If your "metalworking" includes working on early Fords, you'll want to
know that my dad, the owner of Wescott's Auto Restyling, passed away
yesterday:

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamasc...x.ssf/2009/01/
dee_wescott_a_founding_father.html

Petty Officer (or Chief, I'm not sure), USN, 1945-1949
Founding member and past president of the Multnomah Hotrod Council
Founder and owner of Wescott's Auto Restyling, an award-winning
custom shop, body shop, and manufacturer of bodies and fenders
for Fords from 1927 - 1940 (and later truck fenders)
Founder and past board member of Damascus (Oregon) Water District
(merged with Sunnyside Water)
Firefighter, board member, chief, chairman, assistant chief of
Boring Volunteer Firefighters
Member of Damascus (Oregon) Civic Club
Founding member of the Oregon Reinforced Plastics Association
(Reluctant) founder and former mayor of the City of Damascus

Father, brother, son, etc.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
If your "metalworking" includes working on early Fords, you'll want to
know that my dad, the owner of Wescott's Auto Restyling, passed away
yesterday:

Wow. Never made the connection Tim. I did a little business with your
father years ago---body panels for a 57 Corvette I was working on.

A gentleman and a pleasure to know, if only briefly. My condolences
on your loss.

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

My condolences Tim.

On 2009-01-30, Tim Wescott wrote:
[...]

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:15:19 -0600, Tim Wescott
wrote:

[...]

Interesting, and my condolences.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Very sorry for your loss Tim.

Our prayers are with you and the family.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

ps...I forwarded this to "Old Autos Newspaper".

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

If your "metalworking" includes working on early Fords, you'll want to
know that my dad, the owner of Wescott's Auto Restyling, passed away
yesterday:

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamasc...x.ssf/2009/01/
dee_wescott_a_founding_father.html

snip

Please accept my condolences on your loss. He sounds like a fine
gentleman.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

A very productive life and man. Think they're still makin' any like
that?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

There are some out there, but he was definitely a one-off. He was able
to work me into the ground any day right up until the tumor announced
itself by giving him a seizure, and a few times after that, to boot.

Given that he applied some of that energy to public life he's touched a
good many people in this neck of the woods.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tim Wescott wrote:

If your "metalworking" includes working on early Fords, you'll want to
know that my dad, the owner of Wescott's Auto Restyling, passed away
yesterday:

Tim, I'd like to say I know how you feel but so far only my adopta dad has died on me. We
were not that close but I've come to accept he was doing as best as he could.

I tend to think about things as I make the long drive to work and today, I was thinking
about losing people I love. As mom age, I worry about that day that will come more much
more often.

The few times you see a man cry is the death of a child, a wife or a parent.

Please accept my condolences,

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Tim. It sounds as if you were truly
blessed to have him as a father.

I think it would make an interesting webpage if you had pictures of him and
his works, etc. I like seeing a craftsmans works and reading inside stories
of the projects and the person behind the project.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 09:43:35 -0600, RogerN wrote:

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Tim. It sounds as if you were truly
blessed to have him as a father.

I think it would make an interesting webpage if you had pictures of him
and his works, etc. I like seeing a craftsmans works and reading inside
stories of the projects and the person behind the project.

RogerN

I think one could compile a reasonably-sized book just by going through
the archives of all the articles that he's landed in car magazines going
back to the '50s, and reprinting them.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com

O/T - 2009 Morris Dovey Woodworking 11 January 3rd 09 02:15 AM
New Mitsubishi Lancer 2009 faiz Metalworking 0 September 18th 08 02:32 PM
FA Cast Stone masonry masons stonework manual 1927 Janey UK diy 0 August 24th 07 11:16 PM
Ceiling lights in 2009? ian UK diy 16 August 3rd 07 12:07 AM