Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T - 2009

May your new year be filled with good health, sustaining friendships,
happiness, good fortune, wisdom, and...

....may your days be filled with sunshine.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 11:02:49 -0600, Morris Dovey wrote:

May your new year be filled with good health, sustaining friendships,
happiness, good fortune, wisdom, and...

...may your days be filled with sunshine.

A day without wine ...

We (Spokane) are starting the year with still more snow. Broke a record
set over 50 years ago. Even made the national news - they normally don't
know that eastern Washington exists. Flat roofs all over town are
collapsing (15-20 so far), and those that haven't yet have crews
frantically shoveling. At the Woodcraft where I work they even had a
snow blower up on the roof :-).

Bye - I have to go shovel my way out to the shop - again!

--
It's turtles, all the way down
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Morris Dovey wrote in news:495cf7e6$0$89877$815e3792
@news.qwest.net:

May your new year be filled with good health, sustaining friendships,
happiness, good fortune, wisdom, and...

...may your days be filled with sunshine.

Thanks, Morris, and the same to you!

Here in 07410 (North Jersey), there is plenty of sunshine today, but it is
cold - 27F - and windy.
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:

May your new year be filled with good health, sustaining friendships,
happiness, good fortune, wisdom, and...

...may your days be filled with sunshine.

To you and yours as well.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 1, 12:02*pm, Morris Dovey wrote:
May your new year be filled with good health, sustaining friendships,
happiness, good fortune, wisdom, and...

...may your days be filled with sunshine.

Sunshine? What? You're selling that stuff now? G

2009 is going to be a good year. I can feel it.
Free heat somehow appeals to Canadians. Go figgur.

Now... about that wisdom thing you speak of...G

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

Now... about that wisdom thing you speak of...G
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Probably locked up in the safe along with the booze.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 1, 9:17*pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Robatoy" *wrote

Now... about that wisdom thing you speak of...G
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Probably locked up in the safe along with the booze.

I wish I could remember the combination....*grumble*
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

At the Woodcraft where I work they even had a
snow blower up on the roof :-).

Back when upstate New York was in my region, had a guy in Buffalo.

At least twice a snow season, he would have to shovel the snow off his
roof (which was not flat by any means)

Even heat tapes had mixed results during a heavy snowfall.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Even heat tapes had mixed results during a heavy snowfall.

I can remember when I was 16 and living in my grandmother's house, (which
had a really low pitched roof), my father sent me up on it to install
heating wires. Problem was, that it was the middle of winter, so I had to
spend a number of hours up there shovelling off the snow and chopping up the
ice dams before I could lay the wire. Naturally, dad came out to inspect for
five minutes every half hour.

After that, every fall I was up there like clockwork making sure those
heating wires were still working properly. Damned if I was going to be up
there again in the middle of winter freezing my butt off.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

May your new year be filled with good health, sustaining friendships,
happiness, good fortune, wisdom, and...

...may your days be filled with sunshine.

My investments are total crap, but my health, friendships and
happiness are doing very well. Happy New Year to all.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

...may your days be filled with sunshine.

Morris Dovey

I, for one, would like some rain. We, here in south Texas are in
another drought cycle. Our ranchers in Karnes County have spent the week
"dry planting" wheat and will now wait for rain. Good luck. After
60-some-odd inches between mid-February and mid-August, 2007 (3X normal
yearly average) I doubt they've had six inches all total since (pushing 18
months).

Other than that, a happy and healthy 2009 to all.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave in Houston wrote:
"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

...may your days be filled with sunshine.

I, for one, would like some rain. We, here in south Texas are in
another drought cycle. Our ranchers in Karnes County have spent the week
"dry planting" wheat and will now wait for rain. Good luck. After
60-some-odd inches between mid-February and mid-August, 2007 (3X normal
yearly average) I doubt they've had six inches all total since (pushing 18
months).

Other than that, a happy and healthy 2009 to all.

As one of my Minnesota farm neighbors said: "None or too much" - just
before he joked about putting pontoons on his combine and another
neighbor joked about using a canoe to harvest his corn...

A quick look tells me that Karnes County doesn't appear to have /any/
surface water. Are there any underground aquifers that could be tapped
for ag-use water - and if so, is there any way to apply it to wheat
production? (I'm wondering whether a solar-powered pumping approach
could help in situations like yours.)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

New Mitsubishi Lancer 2009 faiz Metalworking 0 September 18th 08 02:32 PM
National Pigeon Day 2009 pigeonperson UK diy 10 July 29th 08 01:25 AM
Ceiling lights in 2009? ian UK diy 16 August 3rd 07 12:07 AM
MINDSET LIST® FOR THE CLASS OF 2009 Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 2 August 26th 05 01:27 PM