Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lantern Mantles? Coleman or generic?

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 23:33:25 -0700, robert bowman wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Walmart has an Ozark Trail version. Four D cells, and a 9 watt U-tube
shaped fluorescent. I havn't tested the amp draw, but the light is
excellent. I loved it so much, I bought a second one.

Has anybody used one of the LED models?

Yes. I carry a 9-led lamp in my pocket with 3-AAA's. In Argentina I
live in a pretty remote mountainous region where the power fails
regularly. I gave up kerosene and flourescent for multi-led lanterns
available cheap, all from China. Some have up to 30 blue/white LED's and
last an incredibly long time on a few AA's.

If you don't want to buy batteries then use rechargeable with a solar
panel. I have a few from harborfreight.com

--
Regards, Curly
20 Days More of George Walker Bush Plundering the Economy