Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lantern Mantles? Coleman or generic?

Gunner Asch wrote:
... Id
accumulated some 6 assorted naptha and propane stoves, and sigh...11
Coleman lanterns of different sorts

6 stoves & 11 lanterns?? Hello?? I'll agree that you do need a few
extra mantles, but what you need most is fewer lanterns! If any of
those lanterns are really old, they could be worth good money on eBay.
Here's one that sold for $365, although it uses kerosene:

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Did you see the sellers terms?

I take PayPal but is not always preferred. Email me for other "options".
Payment is due within 24 hours after invoicing when paying with PayPal
or I will re-list and file a non-paying buyer report.

Please be advised that shipping from the west coast to the mid-west on
to the east coast has been averaging 2-4 weeks. It's the way it is

Feedback is very important to me and I will leave feedback only after it
has been left for me. Period. If feedback is not important to you or if
you do not like to leave it or if your feedback history is questionable
and I see no good reason for it, do not bid. I will cancel those bids
and block you. Bidders with 0-10 feedbacks or with private feedback,
email me first before bidding.

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
... Id
accumulated some 6 assorted naptha and propane stoves, and sigh...11
Coleman lanterns of different sorts

6 stoves & 11 lanterns?? Hello?? I'll agree that you do need a few
extra mantles, but what you need most is fewer lanterns! If any of
those lanterns are really old, they could be worth good money on eBay.
Here's one that sold for $365, although it uses kerosene:

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:20:17 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
... Id
accumulated some 6 assorted naptha and propane stoves, and sigh...11
Coleman lanterns of different sorts

6 stoves & 11 lanterns?? Hello?? I'll agree that you do need a few
extra mantles, but what you need most is fewer lanterns! If any of
those lanterns are really old, they could be worth good money on eBay.
Here's one that sold for $365, although it uses kerosene:

Bob

I tend to pick them up at yard sales for $2-5. Often times still in the
box.

People get a camping bug, gear up, go a couple times, and then store the
stuff out in the garage, never to be used again. They wind up at the
Goodwill etc. Stoves in particular. I dont think Ive ever paid more
than $6 for a stove and it was a 3 burner Coleman multifuel, still in
the box, though I did have to scrape off a layer of what appeared to be
pork and beans from one burner, the others never having appeared to even
being lit.

The stoves I use regularly particularly out in the shop in winter for
heating and for melting lead, or tempering stuff. Cheap, easy to
maintain, works well. For heat treating fancy..Ive got the 2 Kress
ovens with controllers. Shrug

Ive given away a number of stoves and lanterns over the years, but I
dont have any anti-ques....G unfortunatly.

But being the outdoors sort, and having grown up in the Frozen North,
Ive got a fetish for having a closet full of warm coats, devices to keep
me warm and things to help me see in the dark

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

People get a camping bug, gear up, go a couple times, and then store the
stuff out in the garage, never to be used again. They wind up at the
Goodwill etc. Stoves in particular. I dont think Ive ever paid more
than $6 for a stove and it was a 3 burner Coleman multifuel, still in
the box, though I did have to scrape off a layer of what appeared to be
pork and beans from one burner, the others never having appeared to even
being lit.

Man, I gotta start shopping Goodwill. So far, I've only dropped things off.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 14:27:35 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

But being the outdoors sort, and having grown up in the Frozen North,
Ive got a fetish for having a closet full of warm coats, devices to keep
me warm and things to help me see in the dark

Carrots???

Happy 2009

Mark Rand
RTFM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 01:23:45 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

wrote:

But being the outdoors sort, and having grown up in the Frozen North,
Ive got a fetish for having a closet full of warm coats, devices to keep
me warm and things to help me see in the dark

Carrots???

A Chernobylite woman with glowing breasts?

Happy 2009

Yes, Nappy Hoo Year to all!

------
We're born hungry, wet, 'n naked, and it gets worse from there.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 18:44:14 -0500, Wes wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

People get a camping bug, gear up, go a couple times, and then store the
stuff out in the garage, never to be used again. They wind up at the
Goodwill etc. Stoves in particular. I dont think Ive ever paid more
than $6 for a stove and it was a 3 burner Coleman multifuel, still in
the box, though I did have to scrape off a layer of what appeared to be
pork and beans from one burner, the others never having appeared to even
being lit.

Man, I gotta start shopping Goodwill. So far, I've only dropped things off.

Wes

How many stoves do you want? Just prior to Christmas, I passed on 4 of
them in one store alone. Im getting picky these days, I only snag
Multifuel units. The old ones would burn on unleaded, but tended to gum
up the generators if you let em sit for a while, so if you have to use
gasoline in an older unit, burn some regular naptha/Coleman fuel/etc as
soon as you can afterwards.

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

But being the outdoors sort, and having grown up in the Frozen North,
Ive got a fetish for having a closet full of warm coats, devices to keep
me warm and things to help me see in the dark

Carrots???

Them too. In the pantry. About 40 Ball quart jars full. Its nice to live
in one of the ag capitals of the world.

A pickup truck bed filled to overflowing with carrots costs about
$30USD. Folks buy em, the seconds and culls, for horse feed.

Happy 2009

Mark Rand
RTFM

Odd PIR lantern John Rumm UK diy 5 February 25th 07 05:46 PM
Thorium Mantles? John Nickum UK diy 49 June 22nd 06 03:33 PM