Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lantern Mantles? Coleman or generic?

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 18:44:14 -0500, Wes wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

People get a camping bug, gear up, go a couple times, and then store the
stuff out in the garage, never to be used again. They wind up at the
Goodwill etc. Stoves in particular. I dont think Ive ever paid more
than $6 for a stove and it was a 3 burner Coleman multifuel, still in
the box, though I did have to scrape off a layer of what appeared to be
pork and beans from one burner, the others never having appeared to even
being lit.

Man, I gotta start shopping Goodwill. So far, I've only dropped things off.

Wes

How many stoves do you want? Just prior to Christmas, I passed on 4 of
them in one store alone. Im getting picky these days, I only snag
Multifuel units. The old ones would burn on unleaded, but tended to gum
up the generators if you let em sit for a while, so if you have to use
gasoline in an older unit, burn some regular naptha/Coleman fuel/etc as
soon as you can afterwards.

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""