Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need your help to identify this lathe indexable tool holder andinsert.

I order this 16mm indexable tool holder set at but haven't received it
yet.

http://www.tools4cheap.net/proddetai...prod=carb7pclg

I need your help to translate the last numbers to this indexable tool
holder and insert.

Holder SSRCR1616H09
Insert SCMT09T308

I use the nice chart that shows the nomenclature for both holders and
inserts. I know what SSRCR AND SCMT stand for.
I just can't translate the holder 1616H09 and insert 09T308.

What does 1616H09 mean. I know that the holder is 16mm

These numbers do not correlate with anything on the chart I'm using at
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=159&PMCTLG=00
and
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=171&PMCTLG=00

I want to replace the known insert SCMT09T308 with a different insert
from Enco or Ebay.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rod
San Francisco
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rodjava wrote:
I order this 16mm indexable tool holder set at but haven't received it
yet.

http://www.tools4cheap.net/proddetai...prod=carb7pclg

I need your help to translate the last numbers to this indexable tool
holder and insert.

Holder SSRCR1616H09
Insert SCMT09T308

It appears from the pic that there are 3 diamond inserts and two square
ones. Also, the diamond at the far right is a different size than the
other two. I can't tell much about the far left holder, although I'm
guessing it has a triangular insert with no center hole. The next one
to it looks like it has a sawed-off brazed bit, maybe. So, it appears
to have 5 different inserts in the set.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 31, 3:52*pm, Jon Elson wrote:
rodjava wrote:
I order this 16mm indexable tool holder set at but haven't received it
yet.

http://www.tools4cheap.net/proddetai...prod=carb7pclg

I need your help to translate the last numbers to this indexable tool
holder and insert.

Holder SSRCR1616H09
Insert SCMT09T308

It appears from the pic that there are 3 diamond inserts and two square
ones. *Also, the diamond at the far right is a different size than the
other two. *I can't tell much about the far left holder, although I'm
guessing it has a triangular insert with no center hole. *The next one
to it looks like it has a sawed-off brazed bit, maybe. *So, it appears
to have 5 different inserts in the set.

Jon

Jon,
Thanks.
I think the last number are different from the ANSI chart because they
might be metric. This is just a guess. I was hoping to know what
size insert it was as well
as the thickness and radius.

Rod
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rodjava wrote:
[...]

SCMT09T308

S=Square insert
C=7 degree relief
M=5 thou tolerance on thickness; 2 thou tolerance on inscribed circle
T=Partly cylindrical hole,Single sided chip breaker/insert
09=3/8" inscribed circle/9mm cutting edge length
T3=5/32" thick
08=1/32" corner radius.

Taken from the J&L catalogue

HTH
Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rodjava wrote:
[...]

Mark,
I can't thank you enough for pointing me in the right direction.
I went to J&L and printed the insert id system.pdf chart which is
exactaly what I was looking for.

Thank you very much!

Rod
San Francisco