Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rodjava rodjava is offline

Default Need your help to identify this lathe indexable tool holder andinsert.

I order this 16mm indexable tool holder set at but haven't received it
yet.

http://www.tools4cheap.net/proddetai...prod=carb7pclg

I need your help to translate the last numbers to this indexable tool
holder and insert.

Holder SSRCR1616H09
Insert SCMT09T308

I use the nice chart that shows the nomenclature for both holders and
inserts. I know what SSRCR AND SCMT stand for.
I just can't translate the holder 1616H09 and insert 09T308.

What does 1616H09 mean. I know that the holder is 16mm

These numbers do not correlate with anything on the chart I'm using at
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=159&PMCTLG=00
and
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=171&PMCTLG=00

I want to replace the known insert SCMT09T308 with a different insert
from Enco or Ebay.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rod
San Francisco