Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Older Troy Bilt Horse update and advice needed.

I have a 1981 Troy bilt Horse tiller. It is model number:
HH60-105116Hser23230. I had posted before about it breaking a rod.
Someone here suggested just getting a honda engine to replace it and I
would be happier.

I have found alot of engiens with the same shaft size but I dont think
any with the same bolt pattern. Can anyoen tell me if this is
necessary and is there a way around that?

I found a few Honda 5 horse engiens he

I appreciate any help!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"stryped" wrote in message
I have a 1981 Troy bilt Horse tiller. It is model number:
HH60-105116Hser23230. I had posted before about it breaking a rod.
Someone here suggested just getting a honda engine to replace it and I
would be happier.

I have found alot of engiens with the same shaft size but I dont think
any with the same bolt pattern. Can anyoen tell me if this is
necessary and is there a way around that?

You're just talking how it bolts on. this is a horizontal shaft engine. its
no big deal to make an adaptor plate.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 26, 8:51*am, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
"stryped" wrote in message

I have a 1981 Troy bilt Horse tiller. It is model number:
HH60-105116Hser23230. I had posted before about it breaking a rod.
Someone here suggested just getting a honda engine to replace it and I
would be happier.

I have found alot of engiens with the same shaft size but I dont think
any with the same bolt pattern. Can anyoen tell me if this is
necessary and is there a way around that?

You're just talking how it bolts on. this is a horizontal shaft engine. its
no big deal to make an adaptor plate.

Karl

This is the "bolt circle" of the area around the shaft. SOmeone has
since told me the bolt circle is the same. However, they said the
honda GS serious is residential and uses belts internally where the GX
serious uses cast iron sleeves and gears internally. This tiller is
just going to be used in my garden. Will having the GS serious (Since
it is much cheaper) be a bad idea? I still want it to last though.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped wrote:

I have a 1981 Troy bilt Horse tiller. It is model number:
HH60-105116Hser23230. I had posted before about it breaking a rod.
Someone here suggested just getting a honda engine to replace it and I
would be happier.

Don't know where you live but stop in a tractor supply store and look at the engines they
have in stock. Grandpa's Troy Horse has outlived him by 15 years.

Wes

Old troy bilt tiller update stryped[_2_] Metalworking 5 July 15th 08 05:18 AM
Troy Built Horse tiller older engine blow up. What to do. stryped[_2_] Metalworking 20 July 14th 08 05:16 PM
Troy Bilt won't start Steve Home Repair 21 July 6th 07 12:59 PM
Troy-Bilt Squall 521 Snowblower [email protected] Home Repair 6 December 8th 05 07:48 PM
Troy-Bilt Squall 521 Snowblower [email protected] Home Ownership 3 December 8th 05 07:07 PM