Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Troy-Bilt Squall 521 Snowblower

I got this snowblower last year and am starting to regret it. In
anything other than completely dry, light, fluffy snow, the chute gets
clogged early on, and snow shoots out the front and back of it. I end
up leaving the crazy thing sitting on the sidewalk and shoveling the
remainder of the driveway the old fashioned way.

Is there anything to adjust or tweak to make this thing work? The
manual mentioned adjusting the auger height but it seems pretty close
to the ground. Neighbors across the street have a similar size model
(haven't noticed the brand/model yet) that clears the snow without
choking and is about half as noisy as mine.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
buffalobill

"Please search the knowledge base on this site for any inquiry or
informational topic(s). Our support site has hundreds of FAQ's. Quite
often the information is available here on the support site and with
some variations in search words the specific information desired may be
located.

If multiple search attempts are unsuccessful, and speaking with someone
on this staff becomes necessary, please call our toll-free customer
support center at 1-800-800-7310. This staff works Monday through
Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm EST."

http://troybilt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...er/std_alp.php

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Yes that is a problem with my Consumer Reports second best rated poorly
designed snowblower a John Deere single stage, seems the idiot designers
and CR dont test these units in heavy wet snow, its like rating tires
without testing them in rain. My partial soultion that does help is
Slip Plate a sprayable Teflon? that you spray in the chute and the whole
auger area, My neighbor has the same unit and mine with Slip Plate
shoots 5ft further. If you cut wet grass and it clogs the mower this
helps [ I know its 0f out today] It works on my snow shovel also.
Anything that sticks-Slip Plate

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Pam might last an hour, Slip Plate lasts me a season or 2 . It is a
slipery plastic base coating which can be put on to a build of
thickness, it is also in cans to be brushed on thick. It kept my mower
clean of wet grass clinging for months.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks. Know any common retail or internet places that carry it? I
did some searching and some people said some John Deere dealers have
it... but in suburban Detroit there's not too many of those.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Try a hardware store, lawnmower- snowblower shop, call.