Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New Gun Problem

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 21:27:50 -0500, Sunworshipper Sunworshipper
wrote:

I hope I'm not gonna have to fix this problem.

I bought this chick gun as I call it a couple of years ago I guess. It
is a Model 60 (I think) S&W .357 Mag. 5 shot. The other day I shot it
with another for the first time and this thing shoots 1.5' low @ maybe
200'. It has one of those like fiber optic plastic end sights and
wondering if I have to have the bottom of the big red dot above the
"rail".

The book and box are deep in storage. Am I gonna have to send this
thing back to the factory? The S&W site I tryed e-mailing before I
bought it was no help. How, do I go about fixing this problem. I'm
thinking it is just us, but I know how to shoot a gun and it is 1.5
feet low.

I've asked around here and all I get is "what ammo? and doesn't sound
good". BTW 120 g. Oh, seems to have excessive side shrapnel, I had to
stand back further than I thought when the other shot it.

I don't know what to do. Write snail mail to S&W, or call those bone
heads where I bought it. The latter might be fun.

I have a SIG P226 that shoots way low. I bought it used, refurbished,
LE exchange. Upon inspection, I see that the rear sight is a #7
while the front sight is a #8. Hm!

Some if not many shooters have issues with recoil control. I know,
the P226 is a 9mmp with negligable recoil, nonetheless...

To your sit, depends on bullet and load but 18" of drop at 200' is a
lot for .357 with m.v. typical of a .357 with 120 gn bullet if it's
zeroed at 25 yd (75 ft).

If ya can't specify m.v., nobody can he'p ya much. Aim high.