Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default paging Grant Erwin...

Grant,

Did you remove your metalworking pages from tinyisland.com? I was looking
for the 4x6 bandsaw article. I also get bounces from both your tinyisland
and kirkland email addresses. email me at mayerk at surfree dot com.

k-

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ken Mayer" wrote:
Grant,

Did you remove your metalworking pages from tinyisland.com? I was looking
for the 4x6 bandsaw article. I also get bounces from both your tinyisland
and kirkland email addresses. email me at mayerk at surfree dot com.

'Ya know it's funny, I recently bought myself a 4x6, and when I went to
check up on the various sites I had bookmarked concerning the 4x6 (and
modifications, et cetera), I ran into the same thing myself. Shoulda saved
the webpage when it was still active.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
"Ken Mayer" wrote:
Grant,

Did you remove your metalworking pages from tinyisland.com? I was
looking for the 4x6 bandsaw article. I also get bounces from both your
tinyisland and kirkland email addresses. email me at mayerk at surfree
dot com.

'Ya know it's funny, I recently bought myself a 4x6, and when I went to
check up on the various sites I had bookmarked concerning the 4x6 (and
modifications, et cetera), I ran into the same thing myself. Shoulda
saved the webpage when it was still active.

Jon

Jon,
Could you please explain to me (if not too long) how I would go about saving
a webpage? There is this BMW motorcycle engine disassembly site that I
would hate to lose if it goes off line.

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ken Mayer wrote:
Grant,

Did you remove your metalworking pages from tinyisland.com? I was looking
for the 4x6 bandsaw article. I also get bounces from both your tinyisland
and kirkland email addresses. email me at mayerk at surfree dot com.

k-

It's back up now: http://www.tinyisland.com/4x6bsFAQ.html

Awhile ago we switched ISPs, so our Web site got a bit, um, confused.

Grant
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:
"Ken Mayer" wrote:
Grant,

Did you remove your metalworking pages from tinyisland.com? I was
looking for the 4x6 bandsaw article. I also get bounces from both your
tinyisland and kirkland email addresses. email me at mayerk at surfree
dot com.

'Ya know it's funny, I recently bought myself a 4x6, and when I went to
check up on the various sites I had bookmarked concerning the 4x6 (and
modifications, et cetera), I ran into the same thing myself. Shoulda
saved the webpage when it was still active.

Jon,
Could you please explain to me (if not too long) how I would go about
saving a webpage? There is this BMW motorcycle engine disassembly site
that I would hate to lose if it goes off line.

Hi Ivan, the easiest way, if it works, is to go to the "File" menu (this is
in IE) and select, "Save As."

Now sometimes that works, sometimes it barely works, and sometimes it
doesn't work at all. I always give it a shot though, as it is the easiest.

For cases in which it doesn't work (or doesn't work well enough), I use the
freeware application called, "HTTrack" to save pages. It works very well in
every instance once you get it installed; the end result of about any saved
page is an exact duplicate of the page you want to save.

Here's the page for HTTrack:
http://www.httrack.com/

Feel free to hollar back at me if I can be of any help getting it up and
running.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Danniken wrote:
"Ivan Vegvary" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:
"Ken Mayer" wrote:
[...]

You can usually see old versions of web pages. There is a site that
makes archive copies occasionally. Just enter the old URL in the box:
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

--

Ron Thompson
Riding my '07 XL883C Sportster

http://www.plansandprojects.com
My hobby pages are he

Visit the castinghobby FAQ:

Add yourself to the member map he
http://www.frappr.com/castinghobby

Want to have some fun? The next time you're at McDonald's, wait until
the kid has your change ready and then say "Wait, I've got the two cents."
-Ron Thompson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Saving hyperlinks is nice until the person closes the account, passes on and
fails to keep up payment or the ISP merges and kills the old one.....

Some last a long time. Some die. I had a link on a great tool that
would map out historical people and their relationships hundreds a years apart.
Site is there, tool is removed. Data base is crashed by someone and now
it is who cares.

Good luck,
Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Jon Danniken wrote:
"Ken Mayer" wrote:
Grant,

Did you remove your metalworking pages from tinyisland.com? I was looking
for the 4x6 bandsaw article. I also get bounces from both your tinyisland
and kirkland email addresses. email me at mayerk at surfree dot com.

'Ya know it's funny, I recently bought myself a 4x6, and when I went to
check up on the various sites I had bookmarked concerning the 4x6 (and
modifications, et cetera), I ran into the same thing myself. Shoulda saved
the webpage when it was still active.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Grant has a nice doc.

I have a larger saw, but I put on a filter about ??? 6-7 years ago and announced
it here. It was the only one I found that I could get replacements.... and
put on my saw.

Same for you.

Parker Filtration - it is a hydrologic filter -
I use MSCdirect number 30609621046 a 20 GPM cellulose return line spin on.
I found the 'head' there and filters. The Cellulose lasted all the years.

It was the big discussion - water in the coolant would melt it - didn't.
Maybe the oil absorbed into the Cellulose and protected it all the years.

I just replaced it - I rolled the saw out and started cutting some steel.
I noticed a stream of coolant making a mess. The can finally rusted
through. The coolant was rust prevent - but when the pump is off the fluid
flows back into the tank and perhaps the filter was not full. I have to check.

My saw a 7x11 had a pump and tank - I put in the filter and I put in a flex
hose - those with 20 joints in a foot - and a wide nozzle. I put it on
the saw as it starts the cut on the input. Flood the area as well.

Once putting the filter on - the blades have lasted - damn as I have a nice
M42 tooth blade in a box! I'll wait. This blade has several years on it now.
I haven't noticed much difference in cutting.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

ping Grant Erwin Jim Sehr Metalworking 0 March 5th 06 04:35 AM
ping Grant Erwin Jim Sehr Metalworking 1 March 1st 06 06:23 AM
Xmas in the Erwin kitchen .. Grant Erwin Metalworking 2 December 30th 05 02:44 PM
Grant Erwin - Jacobs E Taper Scott Bryceland Metalworking 3 August 22nd 05 07:09 PM
PINGING Grant Erwin Steve Metalworking 3 August 18th 03 06:35 PM