Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default paging Grant Erwin...

Grant has a nice doc.

I have a larger saw, but I put on a filter about ??? 6-7 years ago and announced
it here. It was the only one I found that I could get replacements.... and
put on my saw.

Same for you.

Parker Filtration - it is a hydrologic filter -
I use MSCdirect number 30609621046 a 20 GPM cellulose return line spin on.
I found the 'head' there and filters. The Cellulose lasted all the years.

It was the big discussion - water in the coolant would melt it - didn't.
Maybe the oil absorbed into the Cellulose and protected it all the years.

I just replaced it - I rolled the saw out and started cutting some steel.
I noticed a stream of coolant making a mess. The can finally rusted
through. The coolant was rust prevent - but when the pump is off the fluid
flows back into the tank and perhaps the filter was not full. I have to check.

My saw a 7x11 had a pump and tank - I put in the filter and I put in a flex
hose - those with 20 joints in a foot - and a wide nozzle. I put it on
the saw as it starts the cut on the input. Flood the area as well.

Once putting the filter on - the blades have lasted - damn as I have a nice
M42 tooth blade in a box! I'll wait. This blade has several years on it now.
I haven't noticed much difference in cutting.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Grant Erwin wrote:
Ken Mayer wrote:
Grant,

Did you remove your metalworking pages from tinyisland.com? I was
looking for the 4x6 bandsaw article. I also get bounces from both
your tinyisland and kirkland email addresses. email me at mayerk at
surfree dot com.

k-

It's back up now: http://www.tinyisland.com/4x6bsFAQ.html

Awhile ago we switched ISPs, so our Web site got a bit, um, confused.

Grant