Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Default Xmas in the Erwin kitchen ..

Some time ago my sister (a former pro chef) gave me a full set of Cuisipro
measuring spoons. They are really nicely made, the lettering is etched large and
deeply so they're easy to read, they sit flat on a counter for pouring liquid
into, and they are well matched and attractive. They really deserved a nice
storage solution.

I like to make lots of soups and stews in the winter, and have learned to use a
combination of black, white and red peppers as it's much more effective than
just ground black pepper. The red pepper I use most is hot paprika which comes
from Eastern Europe in distinctive red cans already ground, but the black and
white peppercorns come from Vietnam in jars which I buy at Asian supermarkets
locally, and these have to be ground. I suffered decades of misery with inferior
pepper grinders before I finally discovered William Bounds pepper mills. They
all have the same movement, no touching parts so they don't wear out, and they
work perfectly. They are adjustable to 3 different coarseness grades. I've had
one in light wood for years, but I've longed for the same model but in walnut so
I can put the black pepper in the dark one and the white pepper in the light one.

Anyway, Santa was good to the Erwins:
http://www.tinyisland.com/images/tem...sSpoonRack.jpg

The pegs on the spoon rack were TIG welded in, and the rack has a light brush
finish. It's 10 ga. stainless sheet metal, and it will eventually be
wall-mounted but it works just great as depicted.

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Nice job - And now for pepper mills at our house :-)
Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

Grant Erwin wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

Best pepper mill i've ever used is a small hand coffee grinder with a
little box at the bottom to catch the pepper. Its not used for coffee
and never has been. I grind enough to last about a week at a time and
keep it in a jar.