Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default paging Grant Erwin...

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:
"Ken Mayer" wrote:
Grant,

Did you remove your metalworking pages from tinyisland.com? I was
looking for the 4x6 bandsaw article. I also get bounces from both your
tinyisland and kirkland email addresses. email me at mayerk at surfree
dot com.

'Ya know it's funny, I recently bought myself a 4x6, and when I went to
check up on the various sites I had bookmarked concerning the 4x6 (and
modifications, et cetera), I ran into the same thing myself. Shoulda
saved the webpage when it was still active.

Jon,
Could you please explain to me (if not too long) how I would go about
saving a webpage? There is this BMW motorcycle engine disassembly site
that I would hate to lose if it goes off line.

Hi Ivan, the easiest way, if it works, is to go to the "File" menu (this is
in IE) and select, "Save As."

Now sometimes that works, sometimes it barely works, and sometimes it
doesn't work at all. I always give it a shot though, as it is the easiest.

For cases in which it doesn't work (or doesn't work well enough), I use the
freeware application called, "HTTrack" to save pages. It works very well in
every instance once you get it installed; the end result of about any saved
page is an exact duplicate of the page you want to save.

Here's the page for HTTrack:
http://www.httrack.com/

Feel free to hollar back at me if I can be of any help getting it up and
running.

Jon