Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DRO Scales from Littlemachineshop

Anyone from downunder using DRO's (calipers) on their lathe or mill?

Like the ones from
http://www.littlemachineshop.com/pro...=3091&category

If so where you get it from and what was the cost?

What's the quality like?

Based on the above link is the DRO and the digital display units good value
for money?

Or is there a better or cheaper way?

thanks
DazFNQ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

DazFNQ wrote:
Anyone from downunder using DRO's (calipers) on their lathe or mill?

Like the ones from
http://www.littlemachineshop.com/pro...=3091&category

If so where you get it from and what was the cost?

What's the quality like?

Based on the above link is the DRO and the digital display units good value
for money?

Or is there a better or cheaper way?

thanks
DazFNQ

Look at the ShumaTech DRO350 ,its 3ax and you can build it for under
$200. Look on Yahoo groups for info, there is a guy (Shane) in OZ that
sells the parts.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:30:25 +1000, "DazFNQ"
wrote:

Anyone from downunder using DRO's (calipers) on their lathe or mill?

Like the ones from
http://www.littlemachineshop.com/pro...=3091&category

If so where you get it from and what was the cost?

What's the quality like?

Based on the above link is the DRO and the digital display units good value
for money?

Or is there a better or cheaper way?

I bought one of these for an inspection fixtu
http://www.shars.com/products/view/2..._Machine_Scale

For $29 I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. It appears to be
the same as the $160 Littlemachineshop unit.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Anyone from downunder using DRO's (calipers) on their lathe or mill?

Like the ones from
http://www.littlemachineshop.com/pro...=3091&category

If so where you get it from and what was the cost?

What's the quality like?

Based on the above link is the DRO and the digital display units good value
for money?

Or is there a better or cheaper way?

I bought one of these for an inspection fixtu
http://www.shars.com/products/view/2..._Machine_Scale

For $29 I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. It appears to be
the same as the $160 Littlemachineshop unit.

I mounted shars.com's scale on my lathe and so far it works great for
me. For $30 or thereabouts, I get a lot of value out of it. (This is
the 8 inch scale used on the Y axis)

If I can find a horizontal scale long enough for my 36" lathe, where I
can mount the display somewhere else, for not too much, I would
be happy.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:46:55 -0400, Ned Simmons
wrote:

I missed the 450mm length (since when is 450mm = 20"?). Shars' 450mm
scale is $89.
http://www.shars.com/products/view/2..._Machine_Scale

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Anyone from downunder using DRO's (calipers) on their lathe or mill?

Like the ones from
http://www.littlemachineshop.com/pro...=3091&category

If so where you get it from and what was the cost?

What's the quality like?

Based on the above link is the DRO and the digital display units good value
for money?

Or is there a better or cheaper way?

I bought one of these for an inspection fixtu
http://www.shars.com/products/view/2..._Machine_Scale

For $29 I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. It appears to be
the same as the $160 Littlemachineshop unit.

I have also bought from Shars. Good product at great prices, fast
service, reasonable shipping (at the time).
I also like H&H for similar reasons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I buy from Shars also. Let's see, $59 for a new 6" Kurt vise clone, is
hard to beat. I picked up locally in St Charles, so no shipping
charges.