Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus24313 Ignoramus24313 is offline

Default DRO Scales from Littlemachineshop

On 2008-07-28, Ned Simmons wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:30:25 +1000, "DazFNQ"
wrote:

Anyone from downunder using DRO's (calipers) on their lathe or mill?

Like the ones from
http://www.littlemachineshop.com/pro...=3091&category

If so where you get it from and what was the cost?

What's the quality like?

Based on the above link is the DRO and the digital display units good value
for money?

Or is there a better or cheaper way?

I bought one of these for an inspection fixtu
http://www.shars.com/products/view/2..._Machine_Scale

For $29 I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. It appears to be
the same as the $160 Littlemachineshop unit.

I mounted shars.com's scale on my lathe and so far it works great for
me. For $30 or thereabouts, I get a lot of value out of it. (This is
the 8 inch scale used on the Y axis)

If I can find a horizontal scale long enough for my 36" lathe, where I
can mount the display somewhere else, for not too much, I would
be happy.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/