Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default need help finding part for finger tip control for tig welding

wrote:

The pot went bad on my Miller finger tip control. And I'm cheap.
$107.00 for the replcement pot with circuit board from Miller. Similar
pots at Newark are under $1.00 However I can't seem to find the
correct size and resistance value with a switch. The t18 series from
Piher seem perfect but I can't find anyone that carries them.

http://www.piher-nacesa.com/pdf/23-T18v03.pdf

anyone know where I could get these? or a similar one. Needs to be
1000 ohms (1k) I'm sure I could make either lead style work.

Those were used in transistor radios as volume controls.

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/634/2233.pdf

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The pot went bad on my Miller finger tip control. And I'm cheap.
$107.00 for the replcement pot with circuit board from Miller. Similar
pots at Newark are under $1.00 However I can't seem to find the
correct size and resistance value with a switch. The t18 series from
Piher seem perfect but I can't find anyone that carries them.

http://www.piher-nacesa.com/pdf/23-T18v03.pdf

anyone know where I could get these? or a similar one. Needs to be
1000 ohms (1k) I'm sure I could make either lead style work.

Remove 333 to reply via email
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:46:07 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

The pot went bad on my Miller finger tip control. And I'm cheap.
$107.00 for the replcement pot with circuit board from Miller. Similar
pots at Newark are under $1.00 However I can't seem to find the
correct size and resistance value with a switch. The t18 series from
Piher seem perfect but I can't find anyone that carries them.

http://www.piher-nacesa.com/pdf/23-T18v03.pdf

anyone know where I could get these? or a similar one. Needs to be
1000 ohms (1k) I'm sure I could make either lead style work.

Those were used in transistor radios as volume controls.

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/634/2233.pdf

The Alpha's have an audio taper, would not work well for this
application. The Xicon's do not come in 1K. Close but no cigar. My
cousin has a handfull of 10K pots from his father's collection of
parts when he used to fix radios and other electronics.

Remove 333 to reply via email
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 07:09:00 -0500, wrote:

[...]

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...?KeywordSearch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:01:36 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

[...]

I can't find any with a switch at digikey. All the 1k's are .350"
dia, and the 16mm ones do not come in 1k.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 07:50:53 -0500, Randy
wrote:

snip
I can't find any with a switch at digikey. All the 1k's are .350"
dia, and the 16mm ones do not come in 1k.

Thank You,
Randy

Have you thought about just adding a separate switch?

Lots and lots of tiny little switches around nowadays.

It would open up a whole lot more possibilities (shrug).

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Think small transistor radio scrap out part.

Try RadioShack - they might have it in house.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/