Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] rbraun333@enter.net is offline

Default need help finding part for finger tip control for tig welding

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:46:07 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

The pot went bad on my Miller finger tip control. And I'm cheap.
$107.00 for the replcement pot with circuit board from Miller. Similar
pots at Newark are under $1.00 However I can't seem to find the
correct size and resistance value with a switch. The t18 series from
Piher seem perfect but I can't find anyone that carries them.

http://www.piher-nacesa.com/pdf/23-T18v03.pdf

anyone know where I could get these? or a similar one. Needs to be
1000 ohms (1k) I'm sure I could make either lead style work.

Those were used in transistor radios as volume controls.

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/634/2233.pdf

The Alpha's have an audio taper, would not work well for this
application. The Xicon's do not come in 1K. Close but no cigar. My
cousin has a handfull of 10K pots from his father's collection of
parts when he used to fix radios and other electronics.

Remove 333 to reply via email