Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FOLLOWUP -- Cracked pipe wrench

In addition to having a crack, it also turned out to not grip pipes
very well. So it was not worth fixing. I gave it away to someone for
free and bought a Ridgid at another garage sale.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-06-09, SteveB toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

"Ignoramus25756" wrote in message
In addition to having a crack, it also turned out to not grip pipes
very well. So it was not worth fixing. I gave it away to someone for
free and bought a Ridgid at another garage sale.

Did you take it to a store and see if they would replace it?

Steve, the bad one, I also bought at a garage sale.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-06-09, SteveB toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

"Ignoramus25756" wrote in message
In addition to having a crack, it also turned out to not grip pipes
very well. So it was not worth fixing. I gave it away to someone for
free and bought a Ridgid at another garage sale.

Did you take it to a store and see if they would replace it?

Steve, the bad one, I also bought at a garage sale.

I know, but some brands have a replacement policy, and a store may replace
it. Not sure about your particular item, but some do.

Just a thought.

Doubtfully that was the case... It is an old one, and a name I never
heard about...

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention

Did you take it to a store and see if they would replace it?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In addition to having a crack, it also turned out to not grip pipes
very well. So it was not worth fixing. I gave it away to someone for
free and bought a Ridgid at another garage sale.

Now, you need a Rigid calender, just to match your pipe wrench.
VBG

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

I know, but some brands have a replacement policy, and a store may replace
it. Not sure about your particular item, but some do.

The jaws are replaceable. You may have to pony up the bucks though.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Replacement policy - was: FOLLOWUP -- Cracked pipe wrench

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:50:36 -0800, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas
wrote:

I know, but some brands have a replacement policy, and a store may replace
it. Not sure about your particular item, but some do.

Just a thought.

Steve

Several years back I paid $2.00 for an Estwing 20 oz. framing hammer
with an abused leather disk handle. Next time I was in Home Despot, I
asked customer service if they knew whether the lifetime waranty
covered the handle, their response was "bring it and your purchase
receipt in and we will look into it." Couple days latter I was in the
local, small chain outlet (Home Hardware, St. Jacobs Ontario) and
asked (it turned out) the store manager the same question, he invited
me into his office while he made two phone calls to get me the number
for the Canadian representative in Toronto, and had it not been a
Saturday, he would have made the call for me. As it turned out, the
handle was not covered, so I took it apart and put in a couple of
Aluminium spacers to make up for the lost sections.
When Junior bought his first house last year, he hinted broadly that
he needed a good hammer so it now resides at his house.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus25756" wrote in message
snip

When I first saw the header I thought it said " Crack pipe wrench" and
thought we were going to have to co an intervention.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Ignoramus25756" wrote in message
snip

When I first saw the header I thought it said " Crack pipe wrench" and
thought we were going to have to co an intervention.

I thought the same, but realizing that crack pipes don't require
wrenches, I reread the subject line...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ED ED is offline

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:26:32 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Ignoramus25756" wrote in message
snip

When I first saw the header I thought it said " Crack pipe wrench" and
thought we were going to have to co an intervention.

I thought the same, but realizing that crack pipes don't require
wrenches, I reread the subject line...

Not wrenches * wenches* as seen on a Cops rerun.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote: I thought the same, but realizing that crack pipes don't
require
wrenches, I reread the subject line...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh! I thought it said "crack pipe wench."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gerald Miller wrote:

Saturday, he would have made the call for me. As it turned out, the
handle was not covered, so I took it apart and put in a couple of
Aluminium spacers to make up for the lost sections.
When Junior bought his first house last year, he hinted broadly that
he needed a good hammer so it now resides at his house.

Estwing's are a great hammer. I bought my nephew a Estwing hatchet for Christmas. He is
in second grade. I figure the rifle is going to be ez to get past mom based on this.

I have a 16, 20 and a waffle head not to mention a hammer for whacking rocks to see
inside. Good tools. The nylon grips hold up but leather is way cooler

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:26:28 -0400, Wes wrote:

Gerald Miller wrote:

Saturday, he would have made the call for me. As it turned out, the
handle was not covered, so I took it apart and put in a couple of
Aluminium spacers to make up for the lost sections.
When Junior bought his first house last year, he hinted broadly that
he needed a good hammer so it now resides at his house.

Estwing's are a great hammer. I bought my nephew a Estwing hatchet for Christmas. He is
in second grade. I figure the rifle is going to be ez to get past mom based on this.

I have a 16, 20 and a waffle head not to mention a hammer for whacking rocks to see
inside. Good tools. The nylon grips hold up but leather is way cooler

Wes

Looks real nice with a coupla sections of 1/2" aluminium at the ends!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gerald Miller wrote:

Looks real nice with a coupla sections of 1/2" aluminium at the ends!

You should have posted a picture to the dropbox.
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"Pete C." wrote: I thought the same, but realizing that crack pipes don't
require
wrenches, I reread the subject line...

Oh! I thought it said "crack pipe wench."

I dated her sister!

Was she the one who turned you into a lesbian? ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.