Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FA: Pipe vices, large die stock, pipe wrench (1/4" to 2")

I just put these on eBay, they may be of interest to anyone doing a lot
of pipework:

Record 232 pipe wrench and Vulcan No2 pipe vice
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:L:LCA:GB:1123

Pipe vice - Record No91
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:L:LCA:GB:1123

Presto 1150 pipe threading "machine" (die stock)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:L:LCA:GB:1123
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NoSpam wrote:
I just put these on eBay, they may be of interest to anyone doing a lot
of pipework:

Nice, but this is *NOT* the group to place such adverts - and may result
in an auction pulling complaint to eBay.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:
NoSpam wrote:
I just put these on eBay, they may be of interest to anyone doing a
lot of pipework:

Nice, but this is *NOT* the group to place such adverts - and may result
in an auction pulling complaint to eBay.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

Thanks for the pointer. I wasn't aware of this so apologies if a rule is
broken.
Interestingly the referenced page says: "eBay users may not post on
Usenet groups ... to advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is
inappropriate or violates the Usenet board policy" - I didn't think that
the ebay listing was inappropriate for this newsgroup and I'm not aware
of a usenet policy that this contravenes.
I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NoSpam wrote:
I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

Actually, I've just has a look at what currently stands as a charter for
uk.d-i-y .... and there isn't one except for the following statement in
the FAQ which does prohibit commercial advertising quite strongly.
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/index.html

However,

"Private individuals wishing to sell (or give away!) relevant items can
use this group to advertise them, within reason, so long as they post a
follow-up when what is for sale is no longer available."

Apologies! I will now hand myself in for the appropiate treatment of
unwarranted net-coppery

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:
NoSpam wrote:
I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

Actually, I've just has a look at what currently stands as a charter for
uk.d-i-y .... and there isn't one except for the following statement in
the FAQ which does prohibit commercial advertising quite strongly.
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/index.html

However,

"Private individuals wishing to sell (or give away!) relevant items can
use this group to advertise them, within reason, so long as they post a
follow-up when what is for sale is no longer available."

Apologies! I will now hand myself in for the appropiate treatment of
unwarranted net-coppery

What a well-mannered exchange! The apology is unnecessary, but accepted.
- and don't forget to bid ;-)