Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Blanking" technique for iron soil pipe socket

This weekend I want to remove a redundant length of (nearly horizontal) 4.5"
iron soil pipe. It joins the stack into an iron socket.

I anticipate I won't be able to remove the pipe from the socket cleanly, and
expect to need to use a disc cutter to tidy up the end once I've removed the
pipe (probably via judicious use of a sledge hammer to encourage brittle
fracture).

Is there a preferred technique for sealing the resulting hole?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vortex wrote:
This weekend I want to remove a redundant length of (nearly horizontal)
4.5" iron soil pipe. It joins the stack into an iron socket.

I anticipate I won't be able to remove the pipe from the socket cleanly,
and expect to need to use a disc cutter to tidy up the end once I've
removed the pipe (probably via judicious use of a sledge hammer to
encourage brittle fracture).

Is there a preferred technique for sealing the resulting hole?

You could cut the pipe square then fit a clamp on adaptor to PVC and then
a rodding end. Might be useful.

--
*How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.