Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Replacement policy - was: FOLLOWUP -- Cracked pipe wrench

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:50:36 -0800, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas
wrote:

I know, but some brands have a replacement policy, and a store may replace
it. Not sure about your particular item, but some do.

Just a thought.

Steve

Several years back I paid $2.00 for an Estwing 20 oz. framing hammer
with an abused leather disk handle. Next time I was in Home Despot, I
asked customer service if they knew whether the lifetime waranty
covered the handle, their response was "bring it and your purchase
receipt in and we will look into it." Couple days latter I was in the
local, small chain outlet (Home Hardware, St. Jacobs Ontario) and
asked (it turned out) the store manager the same question, he invited
me into his office while he made two phone calls to get me the number
for the Canadian representative in Toronto, and had it not been a
Saturday, he would have made the call for me. As it turned out, the
handle was not covered, so I took it apart and put in a couple of
Aluminium spacers to make up for the lost sections.
When Junior bought his first house last year, he hinted broadly that
he needed a good hammer so it now resides at his house.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada