Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default where to buy a new 3 jaw chuck?

who has good/fair prices for new 3 jaw chucks for 10" logan?

I know e bay is a source but would rather buy from a known company?

I looked at ENCO tools and Rutland. Any ideas?

Thanks Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

who has good/fair prices for new 3 jaw chucks for 10" logan?

I know e bay is a source but would rather buy from a known company?

I looked at ENCO tools and Rutland. Any ideas?

ipstool.com - look about halfway down this page
http://tinyurl.com/234235

I have their 6" 3-jaw, it seems well made to me. I use it a lot.

Grant

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-01-23, Grant Erwin wrote:
wrote:

who has good/fair prices for new 3 jaw chucks for 10" logan?

I know e bay is a source but would rather buy from a known company?

I looked at ENCO tools and Rutland. Any ideas?

ipstool.com - look about halfway down this page
http://tinyurl.com/234235

You could try New England Brass and Tool. That is where I got
the 6.25" 3-jaw for my 12x24" Clausing.

http://www.brassandtool.com/

Note that some chucks will require purchasing a separate adaptor
plate, while others appear to be available with threaded in your size.

Here is what appears to be the right size for your lathe:

Part # Dia spind thd Price
7-805-0552 5 inch 1-1/2"x8 280.

Talk to them by phone to make sure that is what and all that you
need. Also check whether it is two-piece jaws. You may need to buy one
with separate backplate to get two-piece jaws.

You can also meet them at the Cabin Fever -- which is either
soon, or was last weekend. :-)

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--Bite the bullet and buy a Buck Adjust-Tru 6-jaw; you'll be glad
you did. I've had one on my Myford for 2-1/2 decades and it's the best..

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : The impeachment process
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : exists for a reason...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

steamer wrote:

--Bite the bullet and buy a Buck Adjust-Tru 6-jaw; you'll be glad
you did. I've had one on my Myford for 2-1/2 decades and it's the best..

Come to think of it, I have about seven chucks all of which have a 1.5-8
thread. Some are real nice. If the OP wants to communicate about a potential
sale, go get my email address at http://www.tinyisland.com/email.html and
email me offline.

Grant

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
.. .
steamer wrote:

--Bite the bullet and buy a Buck Adjust-Tru 6-jaw; you'll be glad you
did. I've had one on my Myford for 2-1/2 decades and it's the best..

Come to think of it, I have about seven chucks all of which have a 1.5-8
thread. Some are real nice. If the OP wants to communicate about a
potential
sale, go get my email address at http://www.tinyisland.com/email.html and
email me offline.

Grant

I've bought several Bison 6" 6-jaw chucks from MSC

they are used for everything from holding cyclindrical stuff on a cnc mill
to cnc turning up thru 3000rpm.

I love em

Bison 5C collet chuck vs. Kalamazoo 1CC collet chuck vs. drawtube/ collet closer Louis Ohland Metalworking 2 August 2nd 07 02:35 AM
Pin Chuck Alan Woodturning 35 March 7th 06 03:58 PM
CHUCK James Williams Woodturning 6 April 30th 05 05:30 PM
Drill Chuck / Lathe Chuck - Drill Press Question [email protected] Metalworking 2 April 29th 05 01:07 AM
Looking for chuck Blair Woodturning 8 November 12th 04 03:54 AM