Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default where to buy a new 3 jaw chuck?

On 2008-01-23, Grant Erwin wrote:
wrote:

who has good/fair prices for new 3 jaw chucks for 10" logan?

I know e bay is a source but would rather buy from a known company?

I looked at ENCO tools and Rutland. Any ideas?

ipstool.com - look about halfway down this page
http://tinyurl.com/234235

You could try New England Brass and Tool. That is where I got
the 6.25" 3-jaw for my 12x24" Clausing.

http://www.brassandtool.com/

Note that some chucks will require purchasing a separate adaptor
plate, while others appear to be available with threaded in your size.

Here is what appears to be the right size for your lathe:

Part # Dia spind thd Price
7-805-0552 5 inch 1-1/2"x8 280.

Talk to them by phone to make sure that is what and all that you
need. Also check whether it is two-piece jaws. You may need to buy one
with separate backplate to get two-piece jaws.

You can also meet them at the Cabin Fever -- which is either
soon, or was last weekend. :-)

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564