DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   where to buy a new 3 jaw chuck? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/231159-where-buy-new-3-jaw-chuck.html)

[email protected] January 23rd 08 09:34 PM

where to buy a new 3 jaw chuck?

who has good/fair prices for new 3 jaw chucks for 10" logan?

I know e bay is a source but would rather buy from a known company?

I looked at ENCO tools and Rutland. Any ideas?

Thanks Jon

Grant Erwin January 23rd 08 09:57 PM

where to buy a new 3 jaw chuck?

wrote:

who has good/fair prices for new 3 jaw chucks for 10" logan?

I know e bay is a source but would rather buy from a known company?

I looked at ENCO tools and Rutland. Any ideas?

ipstool.com - look about halfway down this page
http://tinyurl.com/234235

I have their 6" 3-jaw, it seems well made to me. I use it a lot.

Grant

David Billington January 23rd 08 11:15 PM

where to buy a new 3 jaw chuck?

wrote:
who has good/fair prices for new 3 jaw chucks for 10" logan?

I know e bay is a source but would rather buy from a known company?

I looked at ENCO tools and Rutland. Any ideas?

Thanks Jon

I saw your other thread and I have bought 2 Bison 160mm chucks and a
160mm TOS chuck from J&L when on sale and like the others have been very
happy with them. I am in the UK and bought from the UK side but J&L is a
US company AFAIK, in the UK at least they seem to have frequent sales
and discounts. Look around as it seems over here that if you buy a chuck
requiring a chuck mounting plate the plate can cost as much if not more
than the chuck.

DoN. Nichols January 24th 08 02:01 AM

where to buy a new 3 jaw chuck?

On 2008-01-23, Grant Erwin wrote:
wrote:

who has good/fair prices for new 3 jaw chucks for 10" logan?

I know e bay is a source but would rather buy from a known company?

I looked at ENCO tools and Rutland. Any ideas?

ipstool.com - look about halfway down this page
http://tinyurl.com/234235

You could try New England Brass and Tool. That is where I got
the 6.25" 3-jaw for my 12x24" Clausing.

http://www.brassandtool.com/

Note that some chucks will require purchasing a separate adaptor
plate, while others appear to be available with threaded in your size.

Here is what appears to be the right size for your lathe:

Part # Dia spind thd Price
7-805-0552 5 inch 1-1/2"x8 280.

Talk to them by phone to make sure that is what and all that you
need. Also check whether it is two-piece jaws. You may need to buy one
with separate backplate to get two-piece jaws.

You can also meet them at the Cabin Fever -- which is either
soon, or was last weekend. :-)

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Rex January 24th 08 03:00 PM

where to buy a new 3 jaw chuck?

wrote:
who has good/fair prices for new 3 jaw chucks for 10" logan?

I know e bay is a source but would rather buy from a known company?

I looked at ENCO tools and Rutland. Any ideas?

Damn, chucks have gone up a lot since last I shopped for them!

steamer January 24th 08 04:45 PM

where to buy a new 3 jaw chuck?

--Bite the bullet and buy a Buck Adjust-Tru 6-jaw; you'll be glad
you did. I've had one on my Myford for 2-1/2 decades and it's the best..

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : The impeachment process
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : exists for a reason...

Grant Erwin January 24th 08 05:32 PM

where to buy a new 3 jaw chuck?

steamer wrote:

--Bite the bullet and buy a Buck Adjust-Tru 6-jaw; you'll be glad
you did. I've had one on my Myford for 2-1/2 decades and it's the best..

Come to think of it, I have about seven chucks all of which have a 1.5-8
thread. Some are real nice. If the OP wants to communicate about a potential
sale, go get my email address at http://www.tinyisland.com/email.html and
email me offline.

Grant

Jon[_4_] January 25th 08 10:02 PM

where to buy a new 3 jaw chuck?

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
.. .
steamer wrote:

--Bite the bullet and buy a Buck Adjust-Tru 6-jaw; you'll be glad you
did. I've had one on my Myford for 2-1/2 decades and it's the best..

Come to think of it, I have about seven chucks all of which have a 1.5-8
thread. Some are real nice. If the OP wants to communicate about a
potential
sale, go get my email address at http://www.tinyisland.com/email.html and
email me offline.

Grant

I've bought several Bison 6" 6-jaw chucks from MSC

they are used for everything from holding cyclindrical stuff on a cnc mill
to cnc turning up thru 3000rpm.

I love em