Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone know what this pipe is called?

Hi, I just picked up several sections of pipe from the junkyard, but I
can't really peg what it is known as. The sections are about 4"
long. It is a dark gray steel with a little bit of red rust. The
outer diameter is about 6-1/8" and the wall thickness is about 0.11".
The more clean pieces exhibit a slightly blue sheen. Some of the
pieces are wrapped with one or more layers of very light aluminum
foil. The seam is visible but has been ground down slightly concave,
probably by machine. I've looked for about an hour on the internet
but can't find any pipe size charts that contain those dimensions.
Does anyone know what this stuff is called?

--zeb

What is the saw called Madx Home Repair 5 June 26th 07 11:46 AM
What is this called and where can I get them. mm Home Repair 12 March 15th 06 03:01 PM
What is this called?? crmay Home Repair 3 December 31st 05 05:15 PM
What are they called? Rick UK diy 26 December 1st 05 10:35 PM
What are these 'pipe taps' called? mjones UK diy 10 December 20th 04 10:12 AM