Posted to alt.home.repair
crmay

Default What is this called??

Hi,

Could someone please tell me the name of the small rectangular concrete
sewer inlet located around many old buildings? The are about 20'' x
10'' having three holes in the top, the left an right normally designed
to accept sewer pipe and the center is a circular metal grill. I need
a replacement and not sure where to buy one, nor know what to call it?

Cheers,

Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Franklin

On 31 Dec 2005 02:19:07 -0800, "crmay" wrote:

Hi,

Could someone please tell me the name of the small rectangular concrete
sewer inlet located around many old buildings? The are about 20'' x
10'' having three holes in the top, the left an right normally designed
to accept sewer pipe and the center is a circular metal grill. I need
a replacement and not sure where to buy one, nor know what to call it?

Cheers,

Perhaps a type of "Catch Basin"?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

crmay wrote:

Hi,

Could someone please tell me the name of the small rectangular concrete
sewer inlet located around many old buildings? The are about 20'' x
10'' having three holes in the top, the left an right normally designed
to accept sewer pipe and the center is a circular metal grill. I need
a replacement and not sure where to buy one, nor know what to call it?

Cheers,

Ah. This ng is mainly US oriented.

You might try this group: UK.D-I-Y

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:37:26 GMT, Speedy Jim wrote:

crmay wrote:

Hi,

Could someone please tell me the name of the small rectangular concrete
sewer inlet located around many old buildings? The are about 20'' x
10'' having three holes in the top, the left an right normally designed
to accept sewer pipe and the center is a circular metal grill. I need
a replacement and not sure where to buy one, nor know what to call it?

Cheers,

Ah. This ng is mainly US oriented.

You might try this group: UK.D-I-Y

Jim

I missed the .UK address.
No wonder I could not figure out what he was referring to...
I'd like to see a picture, to the OP, please post one on a website or
just upload it to alt.test and tell us what to look for.