Ex Alfa Adam

Default Where to Buy Perspex, Plexiglass or Whatever Its Called!

I'm looking for a co. local to me (Portsmouth, UK) who can supply about
1.5sq metres of Perspex in a smoke tint at a price that won't break the
bank.

Anyone know of anywhere?

Also, is plexiglass simply another name for perspex, what other materials of
this type are available?

Many thanks

Adam H

CyberKat

"Ex Alfa Adam" wrote in message ...
I'm looking for a co. local to me (Portsmouth, UK) who can supply about
1.5sq metres of Perspex in a smoke tint at a price that won't break the
bank.

Anyone know of anywhere?

Also, is plexiglass simply another name for perspex, what other materials of
this type are available?

Many thanks

Adam H

Try one of your local Sign Makers from Yellow Pages

Alan
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Ex Alfa Adam wrote:
I'm looking for a co. local to me (Portsmouth, UK) who can supply about
1.5sq metres of Perspex in a smoke tint at a price that won't break the
bank.

Local sign maker. Most will sell offcuts.

--
*What hair colour do they put on the driver's license of a bald man? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
dg

"Ex Alfa Adam" wrote in message
I'm looking for a co. local to me (Portsmouth, UK) who can supply about
1.5sq metres of Perspex in a smoke tint at a price that won't break the
bank.

Anyone know of anywhere?

Also, is plexiglass simply another name for perspex, what other materials
of
this type are available?

Many thanks

Adam H

www.casupply.co.uk

Cheapest I have found, and deliver nationwide

dg

nightjar

"Ex Alfa Adam" wrote in message
I'm looking for a co. local to me (Portsmouth, UK) who can supply about
1.5sq metres of Perspex in a smoke tint at a price that won't break the
bank.

Anyone know of anywhere?

Try yellow pages under plastics suppliers. That is how I found one north of
the M27 a few years ago. However, while I know how to drive there, I now
have no idea of what it is called or what the address is.

Also, is plexiglass simply another name for perspex, what other materials
of
this type are available?

Plexiglass is a trade name for polycarbonate, while Perspex is a trade name
for acrylic. Polycabonate is much stronger than acrylic, but also more
expensive.

Colin Bignell

Capitol

Try your local friendly glaziers. Many stock acrylic/polycarbonate
sheets for windows which are a bit vandal prone!!

Regards
Capitol
Andy Dingley

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:27:55 -0000, "nightjar"
wrote:

Plexiglass is a trade name for polycarbonate, while Perspex is a trade name
for acrylic.

Plexiglass is also acrylic. Lucite is another trade name for it.

Polycarbonate's usual trade name is Lexan.

I'd suggest acrylic over polycarbonate. Easier to work with all round.
Badger

nightjar nightjar@ wrote:

Try yellow pages under plastics suppliers. That is how I found one north of
the M27 a few years ago. However, while I know how to drive there, I now
have no idea of what it is called or what the address is.

Amari plastics