DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What is this called?? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/137905-what-called.html)

crmay December 31st 05 10:19 AM

What is this called??

Hi,

Could someone please tell me the name of the small rectangular concrete
sewer inlet located around many old buildings? The are about 20'' x
10'' having three holes in the top, the left an right normally designed
to accept sewer pipe and the center is a circular metal grill. I need
a replacement and not sure where to buy one, nor know what to call it?

Cheers,

Paul Franklin December 31st 05 02:08 PM

What is this called??

On 31 Dec 2005 02:19:07 -0800, "crmay" wrote:

Hi,

Could someone please tell me the name of the small rectangular concrete
sewer inlet located around many old buildings? The are about 20'' x
10'' having three holes in the top, the left an right normally designed
to accept sewer pipe and the center is a circular metal grill. I need
a replacement and not sure where to buy one, nor know what to call it?

Cheers,

Perhaps a type of "Catch Basin"?

Speedy Jim December 31st 05 03:37 PM

What is this called??

crmay wrote:

Hi,

Could someone please tell me the name of the small rectangular concrete
sewer inlet located around many old buildings? The are about 20'' x
10'' having three holes in the top, the left an right normally designed
to accept sewer pipe and the center is a circular metal grill. I need
a replacement and not sure where to buy one, nor know what to call it?

Cheers,

Ah. This ng is mainly US oriented.

You might try this group: UK.D-I-Y

Jim

[email protected] December 31st 05 05:15 PM

What is this called??

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:37:26 GMT, Speedy Jim wrote:

crmay wrote:

Hi,

Could someone please tell me the name of the small rectangular concrete
sewer inlet located around many old buildings? The are about 20'' x
10'' having three holes in the top, the left an right normally designed
to accept sewer pipe and the center is a circular metal grill. I need
a replacement and not sure where to buy one, nor know what to call it?

Cheers,

Ah. This ng is mainly US oriented.

You might try this group: UK.D-I-Y

Jim

I missed the .UK address.
No wonder I could not figure out what he was referring to...
I'd like to see a picture, to the OP, please post one on a website or
just upload it to alt.test and tell us what to look for.