Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default OT Metal replacement roofing?

OK, I need to re-roof my home. North Texas, DFW area.

1500 sq ft, simple roof two planes, no dormers etc.
There is an add-on that is basically a raised square, roof of that is a
single plane.
There are 5 skylights, 2-ft and 5-ft approx.
Single layer of asphalt shingles, metal to be applied over that, no removal.
Pitch is 4/12, very shallow.

So I went to Mueller and got a price on materials. $4000 for R-panel.
Installation? "Should be around $2000"
By comparison, last I checked on asphalt was about $2900 total.

So now I'm ready to place the order., and the Mueller people say "$2000
is really low!"

I talk to another roofer. He says "$12,000"

At this point the whole thing is looking like a racket to me.
This is a simple job - simple enough that we're considering doing it
ourselves.

So what do I need to do to get a cost-effective metal roof?

How to Cut Corrugated Metal Roofing? DanG Home Repair 0 September 9th 06 01:34 AM
Metal Roofing ptgoodman Home Repair 7 July 13th 06 02:47 AM
Metal roofing Kurt Gavin Home Repair 3 July 11th 06 10:55 PM
Metal roofing softballguy Home Repair 7 April 18th 06 12:47 AM
metal roofing jdk Home Repair 2 November 5th 04 12:22 AM