Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to Cut Corrugated Metal Roofing?

The best cut is using a metal cutting carbide blade. These blades
are a bit expensive ($50 type). Morse, DML, Tenryu are some prime
manufacturers. It will be well worth while if you do other metal
work. You can use the blade on a circular saw or worm drive that
you own, but they do make dedicated saws that catch all the chips,
etc. Works great cutting angle iron, plate, sheet metal, etc. In
a regular saw you will get lots of chips, but they are not hot -
wear goggles.

Abrasive blades will work, but can give a burred, burned type
edge. Plywood blade backwards is slow - plywood blade forward
works better for me.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Jones" wrote in message
Eduardo blew some of the 2' x 12' galvanized, corrugated steel
roofing material off of my barn, and I had to replace most of 2
sheets.

I didn't have any power on Saturday to cut it off, so I just
nailed it up and let it run long off the eave of the roof, but
now I have to cut it off flush with the rest of the roof.

Can anyone tell me what I should use to cut this stuff?

My brother (a contractor) says I should just put a plywood blade
into my circular saw backwards, wear safety goggles and
earplugs, grit my teeth and let 'er rip ... but somehow that
sounds a little scary to me on an 18' ladder.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

How to Cut Corrugated Metal Roofing? BobK207 Home Repair 0 September 6th 06 04:07 PM
How to Cut Corrugated Metal Roofing? Edwin Pawlowski Home Repair 0 September 6th 06 03:15 PM
Metal Roofing ptgoodman Home Repair 7 July 13th 06 02:47 AM
Drywall screws for metal studs prone to strip, please help. andy everett Home Repair 2 August 23rd 03 07:10 PM