Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hillary call today

I had a call today asking if I could be depended upon to support Hillary.

I don't even remember what I said to the man, but he hung up immediately.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Personally, I hope the dems put Hillary up for pres.

I can't think of anything else that would do a better job to get out the
vote for the folks with brains.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:

I had a call today asking if I could be depended upon to support Hillary.

I don't even remember what I said to the man, but he hung up immediately.

Steve

Actually I like to put a "Run, Hillary, Run" sticker on my bumper - on
the front bumper where she can see it coming

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:25:01 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"SteveB" quickly quoth:

I had a call today asking if I could be depended upon to support Hillary.

I don't even remember what I said to the man, but he hung up immediately.

I can imagine. I bailed from the Rep party over 5 years ago and still
get phone offers to join Shrub for dinner, honoring me as a Rep. Most
hang up quickly as I start the hoots and laughter.

For those who don't, I remind them that I've requested to be added to
their Do Not Call list for five goddamned years now and they still
haven't done it. You see, our godly political partie spammers/phoners
are NOT required to behave.

The San Diego chapter of the March of Dimes finally stopped harassing
me after 3+ years when I got to talk to their director. To do that, I
had to inundate their office email for many months, replying sixfold
to each of their emails and phone calls. The calls, emails, and mail
stopped the day I talked to her. Imagine my surprise!

This is another reason I'm so happy to be free of TV. I couldn't stand
the constant commercial breaks and STUPID commercials on mostly banal
and brainless programs. I've been clean for nearly 6 months now.
Reading and getting my projects done are good and just rewards for the
reversal of that addiction, don't you think?

--
Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.
-- A. Sachs
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 06:22:09 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, nick
hull quickly quoth:

In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:

I had a call today asking if I could be depended upon to support Hillary.

I don't even remember what I said to the man, but he hung up immediately.

Steve

Actually I like to put a "Run, Hillary, Run" sticker on my bumper - on
the front bumper where she can see it coming

Careful, Nick. She's the power-hungry type who will have you jailed
for threats against her person. (See Stan Lee/Peter Paul videos
concerning the Clintoons. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXCGvxaPizs )

--
Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.
-- A. Sachs

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

This is another reason I'm so happy to be free of TV. I couldn't stand
the constant commercial breaks and STUPID commercials on mostly banal
and brainless programs. I've been clean for nearly 6 months now.

Good for you. I can't give it up entirely, but I limit my
viewing mostly to History Channel, Discovery, TLC, and
watching 49er games. If there's nothing worth watching, I'll
watch On Any Sunday for the umpteenth time or listen to
music. I got a 200 disk carousel CD player, I can let it run
all week and not hear the same song twice.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

nick hull wrote:

Actually I like to put a "Run, Hillary, Run" sticker on my bumper - on
the front bumper where she can see it coming

I'd be willing to use reverse gear if necessary
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote in :

nick hull wrote:

Actually I like to put a "Run, Hillary, Run" sticker on my bumper - on
the front bumper where she can see it coming

I'd be willing to use reverse gear if necessary

Just one more reason to buy that steam roller for sale near me.........

Bill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

This is another reason I'm so happy to be free of TV. I couldn't stand
the constant commercial breaks and STUPID commercials on mostly banal
and brainless programs. I've been clean for nearly 6 months now.
Reading and getting my projects done are good and just rewards for the
reversal of that addiction, don't you think?

I fully agree. Television, for me anyway, is a massive waste of time. It
isolates each person from others in the room and there's a lot of
bull**** where it shouldn't be- blatant propaganda on the alleged
'history' channel, shows full of revolting/boring people who are
presented as interesting/witty, heck with that.

Commercial radio is as bad or worse any more. Supposedly wacky morning
guys reading the lawyer-approved ad libs, etc. Heck with that too.

John

--
Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.
-- A. Sachs

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in article

The San Diego chapter of the March of Dimes finally stopped harassing
me after 3+ years when I got to talk to their director. To do that, I
had to inundate their office email for many months, replying sixfold
to each of their emails and phone calls. The calls, emails, and mail
stopped the day I talked to her. Imagine my surprise!

I was accused of being a racist after sending e-mails to the entire board
of the Thurgood Marshal Scholarship committee when more polite requests to
add me to the DO NOT CALL/MAIL/E-MAIL lists were ignored.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message
I had a call today asking if I could be depended upon to support Hillary.

I don't even remember what I said to the man, but he hung up immediately.

Steve

It's likely you told him you supported George Bush so he knew you were
insane and slammed the phone down.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
Personally, I hope the dems put Hillary up for pres.

I can't think of anything else that would do a better job to get out the
vote for the folks with brains.

Karl

Well, that eliminates any republicans.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Television, for me anyway, is a massive waste of time. It isolates each
person from others in the room

Sometimes this is a *good* thing. ;-) When my kids were teenagers... ...

-- Mark

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 16, 11:25 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
I had a call today asking if I could be depended upon to support Hillary.

I don't even remember what I said to the man, but he hung up immediately.

Steve

What a wasted opportunity....the questions you could have asked
Bill....

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Oct 16, 11:25 pm, "SteveB" wrote:

I had a call today asking if I could be depended upon to support Hillary.

I don't even remember what I said to the man, but he hung up immediately.

Steve

What a wasted opportunity....the questions you could have asked
Bill....

TMT

I was a registered Republican.
I guess I still am, but the party seems to have drifted away.

They sent me a letter asking which of 4 options I prefered.
Send us $10,000
Send us $5000
Send us $1000
Vote Democrat for the next 10 years.

I mean no ****, guys. That's what it said.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
cavelamb himself wrote:

I was a registered Republican.
I guess I still am, but the party seems to have drifted away.

They sent me a letter asking which of 4 options I prefered.
Send us $10,000
Send us $5000
Send us $1000
Vote Democrat for the next 10 years.

I mean no ****, guys. That's what it said.

Considering what Bush and a Republican congress has given us, can the
democrats really be worse?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , nick hull wrote:
In article ,
cavelamb himself wrote:

I was a registered Republican.
I guess I still am, but the party seems to have drifted away.

They sent me a letter asking which of 4 options I prefered.
Send us $10,000
Send us $5000
Send us $1000
Vote Democrat for the next 10 years.

I mean no ****, guys. That's what it said.

Considering what Bush and a Republican congress has given us, can the
democrats really be worse?

Are you sure you want to find out?

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 23, 6:45 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , nick hull wrote:
In article ,
cavelamb himself wrote:

I was a registered Republican.
I guess I still am, but the party seems to have drifted away.

They sent me a letter asking which of 4 options I prefered.
Send us $10,000
Send us $5000
Send us $1000
Vote Democrat for the next 10 years.

I mean no ****, guys. That's what it said.

Considering what Bush and a Republican congress has given us, can the
democrats really be worse?

Are you sure you want to find out?

--
Regards,

It's time to throw all their damned tea in the harbor again.- Hide quoted text -

As one of my life long very wealthy Republican friends said
recently...."I can't afford to vote Republican anymore".

It is a crazy world when the Democrats are considered more fiscally
responsible than the Republicans....but they are.

Watch for the Republicans to get what they richly deserve in November
2008....and for which they have worked so hard for.

It is going to make the 2006 elections look like a cakewalk.

And the reality is that Hillary is very likely is going to be your
next President.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

As one of my life long very wealthy Republican friends said
recently...."I can't afford to vote Republican anymore".

It is a crazy world when the Democrats are considered more fiscally
responsible than the Republicans....but they are.

Watch for the Republicans to get what they richly deserve in November
2008....and for which they have worked so hard for.

It is going to make the 2006 elections look like a cakewalk.

And the reality is that Hillary is very likely is going to be your
next President.

TMT

xx xx xxx xx
xxx xx xx xx xxxx
xxxx xx xx xx xxxx
xx xxxx xx xx xx
xx xxx xx xx xx
xx xx xx xx
xx xx xxx xx

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:23:41 -0500, cavelamb himself
wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Oct 16, 11:25 pm, "SteveB" wrote:

I had a call today asking if I could be depended upon to support Hillary.

I don't even remember what I said to the man, but he hung up immediately.

Steve

What a wasted opportunity....the questions you could have asked
Bill....

TMT

I was a registered Republican.
I guess I still am, but the party seems to have drifted away.

They sent me a letter asking which of 4 options I prefered.
Send us $10,000
Send us $5000
Send us $1000
Vote Democrat for the next 10 years.

I mean no ****, guys. That's what it said.

==============
For video explanation click on
http://videos.theonion.com/onion_vid...NES_iTunes.mp4

big 15 meg file and you will need video player installed.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
============
Merchants have no country.
The mere spot they stand on
does not constitute so strong an attachment
as that from which they draw their gains.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
U.S. president. Letter, 17 March 1814.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Oct 16, 11:25 pm, "SteveB" wrote:

I had a call today asking if I could be depended upon to support

Hillary.

I don't even remember what I said to the man, but he hung up

immediately.

Steve

What a wasted opportunity....the questions you could have asked
Bill....

TMT

I was a registered Republican.
I guess I still am, but the party seems to have drifted away.

They sent me a letter asking which of 4 options I prefered.
Send us $10,000
Send us $5000
Send us $1000
Vote Democrat for the next 10 years.

I mean no ****, guys. That's what it said.

That sounds like a ridiculously easy choice to make. After seven years of
republican led government only someone with a brain disorder would consider
keeping them in office let alone sending them any money.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , nick

hull wrote:
In article ,
cavelamb himself wrote:

I was a registered Republican.
I guess I still am, but the party seems to have drifted away.

They sent me a letter asking which of 4 options I prefered.
Send us $10,000
Send us $5000
Send us $1000
Vote Democrat for the next 10 years.

I mean no ****, guys. That's what it said.

Considering what Bush and a Republican congress has given us, can the
democrats really be worse?

Are you sure you want to find out?

What, were you born yesterday? In case you forgot we had Democrats in charge
for many years. They were never as bad as what we have now. We've had
Clinton and we've had Bush. Anyone with any degree of objectivity can
discern that Bush is a much worse president and the republican congress
accomplished nothing other than cutting taxes and running up a huge debt.
Fearing the Democrats would do worse is not rational.

Hawke

Hillary..oh oh... Gunner[_2_] Metalworking 99 October 24th 07 10:25 PM
close call today, fortunately, no harm to man or machine marc rosen Woodworking 8 August 27th 06 08:34 PM
Night call out -- then cancell call Stormin Mormon Home Repair 10 July 22nd 06 11:49 AM
Call Empire Today Cheezits Home Repair 0 July 1st 06 12:41 AM
OT - Hillary vs. who? Emmo Metalworking 79 October 25th 05 01:56 AM