Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Trojan downloader in my Mozilla?

I seem to have had a nasty in my computer. AVG found it, said it
couldn't correct it but not in a real dramatic way, just did its normal
scan and went about its business. I had first noticed something screwy
after Thunderbird had downloaded and installed an update, I got dialog
boxes wanting email address and password when I tried to send mail or
post to usenet. I had already seen the trash in sejw and figured maybe
someone had a new trick that I hadn't seen yet.

For whatever reason, I felt suspicious of a mature program asking for
basic information after an update and stopped using it while I looked
into it. Didn't really find anything, googled pretty well but not a lot
of luck, but when I realized the AVG wasn't getting rid of what it said
was bad and manually deleted it I'm no longer seeing a dialog box when I
try to post with this machine.

The downloader was in my Mozilla app, down in firefox\profiles and
simply deleting it seems to have solved the issue.

We'll see anyway..

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
sk sk is offline

JohnM wrote:
[...]

I found the same thing after one of the firefox updates, and it's
Google's involvement as they are tracking every site you visit, under
the guise of security.

From your tools pull down menu, options, security, deselect "tell me

if the site I'm visiting is a suspected forgery".

This caused many minutes of my dial up time every time I launched
firefox. Which bothered the heck out of me. They are watching every
site you have been too, but no where do they say this.

ignator

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 01:45:48 -0700, the renowned sk
wrote:

JohnM wrote:
[...]

From your tools pull down menu, options, security, deselect "tell me

if the site I'm visiting is a suspected forgery".

This caused many minutes of my dial up time every time I launched
firefox. Which bothered the heck out of me. They are watching every
site you have been too, but no where do they say this.

ignator

In Options-Security you can select whether you want to check against
a downloaded list of 'suspect' sites or to use Google (there's a
possibility to select other sites, but only Google appears). I suggest
using the list (the default setting) as it does not compromise
privacy.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...ox_google.html

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany