Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JohnM JohnM is offline

Default Trojan downloader in my Mozilla?

I seem to have had a nasty in my computer. AVG found it, said it
couldn't correct it but not in a real dramatic way, just did its normal
scan and went about its business. I had first noticed something screwy
after Thunderbird had downloaded and installed an update, I got dialog
boxes wanting email address and password when I tried to send mail or
post to usenet. I had already seen the trash in sejw and figured maybe
someone had a new trick that I hadn't seen yet.

For whatever reason, I felt suspicious of a mature program asking for
basic information after an update and stopped using it while I looked
into it. Didn't really find anything, googled pretty well but not a lot
of luck, but when I realized the AVG wasn't getting rid of what it said
was bad and manually deleted it I'm no longer seeing a dialog box when I
try to post with this machine.

The downloader was in my Mozilla app, down in firefox\profiles and
simply deleting it seems to have solved the issue.

We'll see anyway..

John