Old August 30th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How many stupidities can you notice in this Craigslist ad

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/409323284.html

Old August 30th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 30, 9:43 am, Ignoramus3147
wrote:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/409323284.html

I see one......they want $800 for it.

Old August 30th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/409323284.html

I see one......they want $800 for it.

Good job. Try to find the other one.

Old August 30th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus3147" wrote: Good job. Try to find the other one.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Since it comes with an electric outlet, does it come with the wall?

Old August 30th 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:06:21 GMT, Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Ignoramus3147" wrote: Good job. Try to find the other one.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Since it comes with an electric outlet, does it come with the wall?

That's a good one too, and the one I overlooked. The one I saw was
that there was no way to contact the seller. (maybe the seller will
revise this ad)

Old August 30th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 30, 9:17?am, Ignoramus3147
wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:06:21 GMT, Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Ignoramus3147" wrote: Good job. Try to find the other one.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Since it comes with an electric outlet, does it come with the wall?

That's a good one too, and the one I overlooked. The one I saw was
that there was no way to contact the seller. (maybe the seller will
revise this ad)

Personally I would be glad to get an electric outlet with a welder I
bought rather than try to get the proper one at Home Despot or
equivilent.

It looks like Craigslist was sharp enough to catch the omission in the
welder ad.

At least the person wasn't foolish enough to include his e-mail
address.
Several weeks ago I advertised a valve grinder for sale and within 2
days I received 3 e-mails saying something like: I will buy your
device and I'll send a money order and/or a cashier's check and my
representative will be by shortly to pick up the device.
I did not bite on these and I won't include my e-mail address with
anymore ads.
Engineman

Old August 30th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:43:43 -0500, Ignoramus3147
wrote:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/409323284.html

Starting with the price?

Gunner
Old August 30th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/409323284.html

Starting with the price?

And ending with no contact information.

Old August 30th 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/409323284.html

Starting with the price?

And ending with no contact information.

Actually, Craig's List automatically provides you with a direct link
to the seller, and hopefully when contacted will provide you with both
his/her email address and telephone number.

I've been using Craig's List for local sale of things that I don't
want to ship, like a Ford Bronco and 10 ranks of pipe organ pipes and
have no complaints. I find it a wonderful resources, for buyers and
sellers that eventually come face to face.

Still, the seller for major items are frequently contact by out of the
area scammers, who often emulate the "African Scam" if you are
familiar with it. Any legitimate seller that I know of on Craig's List
will require you to examine the merchandise before buying it, unlike
auction sites like eBay (which I also sell on).

Unfortunately Craig's List is getting a bad name here in this area,
because it has been a haven for 'hookers' and prostitues to post on
the 'personals' pages, which if I was managing Craig's List, I'l
eliminate these categories.

For Craig's List buyers, it is a much safer bet than buying on eBay,
since you generally examine the merchandise for sale in person before
buying. That's it's strong point.

Most buyer would take a close look at that $800 welder that this guy
is selling, and determine for themselves if is worth the money and by
seeing it in operation first hand.

Harry C.

Old August 30th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/409323284.html

Starting with the price?

And ending with no contact information.

Actually, Craig's List automatically provides you with a direct link
to the seller, and hopefully when contacted will provide you with both
his/her email address and telephone number.

Read the actual ad again and you will see for yourself. There is no
way to contact seller.

I've been using Craig's List for local sale of things that I don't
want to ship, like a Ford Bronco and 10 ranks of pipe organ pipes and
have no complaints. I find it a wonderful resources, for buyers and
sellers that eventually come face to face.

I am happy for you, but in this specific instance, the dumb seller
left no way to contact him or her.

Most buyer would take a close look at that $800 welder that this guy
is selling, and determine for themselves if is worth the money and by
seeing it in operation first hand.

If they could get in touch with the seller, that is.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 9th 07 03:33 PM
*** OFFICIAL NOTICE *** [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 27th 06 04:16 PM
Consumer Notice ? john Home Ownership 20 August 20th 06 05:41 PM
building notice Tim Smith UK diy 4 June 1st 05 09:01 PM