Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] hhc314@yahoo.com is offline

Default How many stupidities can you notice in this Craigslist ad

On Aug 30, 2:39 pm, Ignoramus3147
wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:36:53 -0700, Gunner wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:43:43 -0500, Ignoramus3147
wrote:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/409323284.html

Starting with the price?

And ending with no contact information.

Actually, Craig's List automatically provides you with a direct link
to the seller, and hopefully when contacted will provide you with both
his/her email address and telephone number.

I've been using Craig's List for local sale of things that I don't
want to ship, like a Ford Bronco and 10 ranks of pipe organ pipes and
have no complaints. I find it a wonderful resources, for buyers and
sellers that eventually come face to face.

Still, the seller for major items are frequently contact by out of the
area scammers, who often emulate the "African Scam" if you are
familiar with it. Any legitimate seller that I know of on Craig's List
will require you to examine the merchandise before buying it, unlike
auction sites like eBay (which I also sell on).

Unfortunately Craig's List is getting a bad name here in this area,
because it has been a haven for 'hookers' and prostitues to post on
the 'personals' pages, which if I was managing Craig's List, I'l
eliminate these categories.

For Craig's List buyers, it is a much safer bet than buying on eBay,
since you generally examine the merchandise for sale in person before
buying. That's it's strong point.

Most buyer would take a close look at that $800 welder that this guy
is selling, and determine for themselves if is worth the money and by
seeing it in operation first hand.

Harry C.