Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default rec.crafts.metalworking scheduled for sporge flood

Sporge flooding of rec.crafts.metalworking will commence in a few hours.

This will render rec.crafts.metalworking useless. For an example, see Sci.Crypt.

Supernews filters out this sporgery spam. Get a better Usenet
experience. Sign up for our risk-free trial today!

https://www.supernews.com/signup

--
For Ayman the state's operational, beneath me it's tough, whereas in search of you it's summoning african.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

According to :
Sporge flooding of rec.crafts.metalworking will commence in a few hours.

This will render rec.crafts.metalworking useless. For an example, see Sci.Crypt.

Note that the "Followup-To: " on this was set to sci.crypt, but
I have fixed that on my followup, at least.

Supernews filters out this sporgery spam. Get a better Usenet
experience. Sign up for our risk-free trial today!

And this is apparently a joe job, not anything really from
supernews.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 8, 10:08 pm, (DoN. Nichols) wrote:
According to :

Sporge flooding of rec.crafts.metalworking will commence in a few hours.

This will render rec.crafts.metalworking useless. For an example, see Sci.Crypt.

Note that the "Followup-To: " on this was set to sci.crypt, but
I have fixed that on my followup, at least.

Supernews filters out this sporgery spam. Get a better Usenet
experience. Sign up for our risk-free trial today!

And this is apparently a joe job, not anything really from
supernews.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |http://www.d-and-d.com/dnichols/DoN.html

Correct...it is all over the Usenet.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Elson writes:
lworking wrote:
Sporge flooding of rec.crafts.metalworking will commence in a few hours.
This will render rec.crafts.metalworking useless. For an example,
see Sci.Crypt.
Supernews filters out this sporgery spam. Get a better Usenet
experience. Sign up for our risk-free trial today!
https://www.supernews.com/signup
--
For Ayman the state's operational, beneath me it's tough, whereas in search of you it's summoning african.

So this idiot is announcing, in a public forum, that he is going to
commit a federal crime? Oh, good, I'll have to check the papers in a
couple days to read about his arrest!

Is his IP address 198.186.194.247? That was in the message header.

Perhaps if you spent more time looking at the 'Followups-To' header
you'd do a better job of not being part of the attack on sci.crypt.

And google 'joe job' while you're thinking about that.

Phil
--
Dear aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all.
-- Microsoft voice recognition live demonstration
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Aug 8, 10:08 pm, (DoN. Nichols) wrote:

According to :

Sporge flooding of rec.crafts.metalworking will commence in a few hours.

This will render rec.crafts.metalworking useless. For an example, see Sci.Crypt.

Note that the "Followup-To: " on this was set to sci.crypt, but
I have fixed that on my followup, at least.

Supernews filters out this sporgery spam. Get a better Usenet
experience. Sign up for our risk-free trial today!

And this is apparently a joe job, not anything really from
supernews.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |http://www.d-and-d.com/dnichols/DoN.html

Correct...it is all over the Usenet.

TMT

TMT?

Can you reply to this (if you ever see it???)

REM: in the subject line can be sorted.

It ain't great, but it looks like it WILL work

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

According to cavelamb himself :
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Aug 8, 10:08 pm, (DoN. Nichols) wrote:

According to :

Sporge flooding of rec.crafts.metalworking will commence in a few hours.

This will render rec.crafts.metalworking useless. For an example, see Sci.Crypt.

Note that the "Followup-To: " on this was set to sci.crypt, but
I have fixed that on my followup, at least.

Supernews filters out this sporgery spam. Get a better Usenet
experience. Sign up for our risk-free trial today!

And this is apparently a joe job, not anything really from
supernews.

[ ... ]

Correct...it is all over the Usenet.

TMT

TMT?

Can you reply to this (if you ever see it???)

REM: in the subject line can be sorted.

It ain't great, but it looks like it WILL work

If you put it in -- something took it out. Beware of a ':' in
the beginning of a "Subject: " header -- Microsoft's Outlook Express
thinks that it is " " in some other language, deletes it, and
replaces it with " ". Try putting it in square brackets instead.

And it looks as though my ISP (at least) is killing these almost
as fast as they are coming in. I found (last time I did a reply) that
of the 371 new ones which had just come in, 111 were already gone.
Either my ISP is doing it, or someone is running a very active
(and much needed) cancelbot.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

[...]

Supernews hasn't let anything through.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 9, 3:54 am, wrote:
Sporge flooding of rec.crafts.metalworking will commence in a few hours.

To help better filter this spammer, here are some of the sporge flood
warning messages in newsgroups where the sporge flood attacks actually
took place around August 2007:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...609e72b81657d3
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...4ac60c079cd790
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...31ae90a4dea2b4
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...8351b0d791ccfe
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...a67e72d09863f7
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...00c96633eebbe8
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.s...98ae0e318da147
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.r...83dfda93f5c65f
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.re...a9bf0da081b6fc

Some of the false alarms (at least so far):

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...3f809d66e45295
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...c3de6d913a2705
http://groups.google.com/group/cn.bb...10d63ad0eb9908
http://groups.google.com/group/comp....824f6602ce1379
http://groups.google.com/group/comp....769d8738ae1216
http://groups.google.com/group/de.re...21c13b8bba07c0
http://groups.google.com/group/de.sc...c3a1ef2f0eb172
http://groups.google.com/group/de.sc...78aeb76f5c5de5
http://groups.google.com/group/hr.sc...7713a83b999dd8
http://groups.google.com/group/hsinc...d7683ffbe8d2c3
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...20949c67e16ab0
http://groups.google.com/group/nctu....6c7a53573a1228
http://groups.google.com/group/pl.re...52b644d8b23365
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...ae07838100e097
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.m...94f1192ae57b5b
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.v...1f65d13c9f15b5
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.d...32fc25d6a35fdb
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...eb85a1cebe1f3c
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...7f51f97e7aebc3
http://groups.google.com/group/syman...bc1fed70e17e43
http://groups.google.com/group/tw.bb...318dada8fb2727
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.go...de383f915f367d

More sporge flood warning messages can be found with this search:

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...=2007&safe=off

Filtering suggestion for the sporge flood attacks:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.c...869a7d856ef65e

More info about sporge flood attacks for newbies who might find this
thread confusing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporgery
http://bernie.cncfamily.com/sc/sporg.htm
http://www.wordsonline.org/Sporge
http://www.dansdata.com/sporge.htm
http://www.skeptictank.org/hs/sporgart.htm
http://www.talkaboutreligion.com/gro...s/1242545.html
http://www.holysmoke.org/forgeries/giganews.htm
http://www.usenetplus.com/blog/2007/...ge-and-lamers/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

DoN. Nichols wrote:
And this is apparently a joe job, not anything really from supernews.

--Thanks for the pointer. Oh, and if anyone figures out who "Joe"
really is, I'll kick in for a bounty pool to collect his index fingers,
bwahaha..

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : A steaming pile of
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : obscure information...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 14 Aug 2007 18:44:03 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, steamer
quickly quoth:

DoN. Nichols wrote:
And this is apparently a joe job, not anything really from supernews.

--Thanks for the pointer. Oh, and if anyone figures out who "Joe"
really is, I'll kick in for a bounty pool to collect his index fingers,
bwahaha..

Aren't we still collecting ears on our necklaces?
(What movie did that come from, anyway?) titter

--
Seen on a bumper sticker: ARM THE HOMELESS
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
Aren't we still collecting ears on our necklaces?
(What movie did that come from, anyway?) titter

--"Apocalypse Now" and yes, Kurtz had the right idea..
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : A steaming pile of
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : obscure information...
www.nmpproducts.com
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

According to steamer :
DoN. Nichols wrote:
And this is apparently a joe job, not anything really from supernews.

--Thanks for the pointer. Oh, and if anyone figures out who "Joe"
really is, I'll kick in for a bounty pool to collect his index fingers,

You really don't want to do that. "Joe" was the victim, not the
perpetrator. It was a case of a bunch of spam forged to look as though
it came from him, when in reality he was an active anti-spamer. It did
result in a lot of complaints to his upstream, however, because most
people can't read the headers to see where it really comes from.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564