Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Nick the Nazi has to chime in.

Nick Mueller wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Nothing that matters, except to Nazis.

So you are a Nazi? Because the charter would be worth reading for you.

Nick

Yawn.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Question for ex military types

rustyjames wrote:

On Jul 31, 12:27 pm, Jon Anderson wrote:
Greg Postma wrote:
Be fore warned, there was a fire
at one of the DD's warehouses in the 60's and many records were lost.
There is a gap in my Dad's records because of this.

You're lucky. My dad's records were lost entirely. Given he
died when I was a baby, I know virtually nothing about his
service....

Jon

That's exactly my situation, too. I don't know anything about my
fathers service in the Army (WW 2 and Korea) other than the little I
can put together from some of his military gear my mom saved.

http://community.military.com/buddy-finder/ might help, if his name
wasn't very common.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 31, 8:59 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Nick Mueller wrote:

Nothing that matters, except to Nazis.

Damn, didn't even make it a full day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_Law

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 09:30:36 +0200, Nick Mueller
wrote:

Phil Stein wrote:

I'm always happy to help a fellow Veteran when I can - no matter where
they post.

Now let's see. I'm making a little legal modification to your statement:

| I'm always happy to help a $person when I can - no matter where they post.

Now let's insert some new words for $person. That wouldn't make a huge
change, because there are so many people here that have so many different
interests (just a few metalworking, it seems).

Here is a list of words to insert. Hope there are some that show you what
nonsense you told:
* gay
* islamist
* republican
* nazi
* environmentalist
* lesbian
* prostitutes
* militarist
* democrat
* ...

Just stick to the charter. This way you don't get upset even if it is a
$person because they all talk about the same subject they all enjoy:
METALWOKING!

Nick

I would help anyone on your list except a nazi but there are some that
I'll make more effort for than others.

Since we know that people will make off topic posts and there is
nothing that can be done about it, can we just ask them to precede the
topic with [OT] so it is easier for those not interested to skip over
it? This works in other newsgroups.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:01:13 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

I would like to get my late father's military records for the time he spent
in the USAC in WWII. How would I go about that?

Steve

Instructions he http://stolenvalor.com/

--Andy Asberry--
------Texas-----

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Phil Stein wrote:

I'm always happy to help a fellow Veteran when I can - no matter where
they post.

Now let's see. I'm making a little legal modification to your statement:

| I'm always happy to help a $person when I can - no matter where they
post.

Now let's insert some new words for $person. That wouldn't make a huge
change, because there are so many people here that have so many different
interests (just a few metalworking, it seems).

Here is a list of words to insert. Hope there are some that show you what
nonsense you told:
* gay
* islamist
* republican
* nazi
* environmentalist
* lesbian
* prostitutes
* militarist
* democrat
* ...

Just stick to the charter. This way you don't get upset even if it is a
$person because they all talk about the same subject they all enjoy:
METALWOKING!

Nick

I would help anyone on your list except a nazi but there are some that
I'll make more effort for than others.

Since we know that people will make off topic posts and there is
nothing that can be done about it, can we just ask them to precede the
topic with [OT] so it is easier for those not interested to skip over
it? This works in other newsgroups.

Or, as many people do, still read it, and then bitch about it. Like
ordering a steak, eating it, and sending the empty plate back to the chef
with a complaint.

Some people just don't have a lot to do.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Andy Asberry" wrote

Instructions he http://stolenvalor.com/

Thanks. The letter went out today. IIRC, Michael gave me that link a few
days ago. I will let everyone know how it goes, and I will be sure to
preface it with OT for the thick skulled.

Steve