Eric R Snow

Default Question for you gunsmith types

I have two .22 pistols. Both are H&R brand. One is the Trapper model
and has a 7 round cylinder. When the cylinder is pushed toward the
trigger there is almost .030 between the end of the cylinder and the
barrel. This gun is LOUD. even shooting CB shorts. I want, and can see
how, to remove the barrel. Then the barrel can be machined so that it
goes farther into the frame. If I do this, how much clearance should
there be? The other pistol is a top break with a 9 round cylinder. I
am entertaining the idea of buying or making a new cylinder that can
chamber .22 magnums. Is there a way for a layman to determine if the
pistol can safely shoot .22 magnums?
Thanks,
ERS
Artemia Salina

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 07:46:23 -0700, Eric R Snow wrote:

I have two .22 pistols. Both are H&R brand. One is the Trapper model
and has a 7 round cylinder. When the cylinder is pushed toward the
trigger there is almost .030 between the end of the cylinder and the
barrel. This gun is LOUD. even shooting CB shorts. I want, and can see
how, to remove the barrel. Then the barrel can be machined so that it
goes farther into the frame. If I do this, how much clearance should
there be?

I just Googled around a bit to see if I could find info on recommended
cylinder/barrel gap for .22 pistols, and while I could no specific
numbers, the general thinking seems to be that tighter is better.
You lose a lot of power through that gap.

What I'm most concerned about however is that you say you can push
the cylinder toward the trigger (did you mean hammer?). If so,
this condition should be remedied before any other work is done.
Any movement of the cylinder should be minimized to insure accuracy
and to prevent loss of power/velocity (and possibly safety if it
should spit powder or lead out of the gap). I would remove the cylinder
and look for where the play is occurring, and then go from there
to fix the problem.

The other pistol is a top break with a 9 round cylinder. I
am entertaining the idea of buying or making a new cylinder that can
chamber .22 magnums. Is there a way for a layman to determine if the
pistol can safely shoot .22 magnums?

If that's the model 999 Sportsman, then I used to have one of those
many years ago. While the specimen I had was okay, I've read mixed
reviews about their quality. It doesn't seem to have been produced in
a magnum version, and given its suspect quality I don't think I'd
push it unless you have a way to safely test fire it (in a steel
shroud with remote firing set up).

P.S. I'm not a gunsmith, though I did have ambitions of becoming one
when I was young.

T.Alan Kraus

Eric R Snow wrote:

I have two .22 pistols. Both are H&R brand. One is the Trapper model
and has a 7 round cylinder. When the cylinder is pushed toward the
trigger there is almost .030 between the end of the cylinder and the
barrel. This gun is LOUD. even shooting CB shorts. I want, and can see
how, to remove the barrel. Then the barrel can be machined so that it
goes farther into the frame. If I do this, how much clearance should
there be? The other pistol is a top break with a 9 round cylinder. I
am entertaining the idea of buying or making a new cylinder that can
chamber .22 magnums. Is there a way for a layman to determine if the
pistol can safely shoot .22 magnums?
Thanks,
ERS

A well used revolver will develop cylinder gaps that are of the order
you mention. The usual recourse is to remove the barrel, and if screwed
in, add threads, so that you can close the cylinder gap to .005 -. 010.
( the correct gap size can be determined by a call to the manufacturer
or measuring a similar brand new revolver)
Sometimes in order to allign the sights correctly at full barrel torque
down, the gap will be negative and you will need to cut the portion of
the barrel protruding into the cylinder space. Then you also will need
to recut the forcing cone. You should check the back strap of the
revolver for stretch, cracks and erosion (flame cut) around the gap area.

On the question of the 9 shot top-break ( probably a model 925,926,935
or 999), do not ream the 9 shot cylinder to accept .22Wmag. There is not
enough meat for the pressures and you don't know if there are internal
cracks or stresses in the original cylinder. You can make a new cylinder
out of 4140 and retime it for 6 shots,then harden it to a minimum R35 (
or start with pre-hardened stock). You will also have to manufacture a
new extractor. The question is the barrel. It is sized for .22LR and a
..22WMag ideally requires a barrel up to .001 larger. Not really a big
deal with a revolver, because there is a place for pressures to go (the
gap). The frame of these guns is strong enough for .38 special and you
could just buy a barrel and cylinder/extractor in .38 special from Numrich.

cheers
T.Alan
Eric R Snow

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 13:56:06 -0400, Artemia Salina
wrote:

[...]

Greetings Artemia,
Yes, the 9 shot pistol is a sportsman. In very good condition. And it
is quite accurate. And you are right about the other cylinder. I meant
to say hammer, not trigger. The reason for the back and forth play of
the cylinder appears to be that it is just too short. It measures .016
shorter than the space it fits into. Wear could have occured on the
indexing teeth but I think that's unlikely. Besides, with shells in
the cylinder the movement towards the hammer is limited. So it appears
that the the thing was made with the large gap between the cykinder
and the barrel.
ERS
DoN. Nichols

According to Eric R Snow :
wrote:

[...]

[ ... ]

Yes, the 9 shot pistol is a sportsman. In very good condition. And it
is quite accurate. And you are right about the other cylinder. I meant
to say hammer, not trigger. The reason for the back and forth play of
the cylinder appears to be that it is just too short. It measures .016
shorter than the space it fits into. Wear could have occured on the
indexing teeth but I think that's unlikely. Besides, with shells in
the cylinder the movement towards the hammer is limited. So it appears
that the the thing was made with the large gap between the cykinder
and the barrel.

I've seen cylinders on some guns with a turned bushing
surrounding the locking pin (or one at the front of the cylinder,
holding it back against the frame). This controls the rearward motion.
Yours may have such a bushing which is now badly worn. It may be
possible to machine a replacement bushing, if the existing one is/was a
press fit.

Note that if you unscrew the barrel, and face it enough to take
up that slop, you will wind up with the front sight off to one side, as
the barrel will have to rotate somewhat to screw in far enough to fix
your clearance problem. And if it the barrel happens to be octagonal (I
don't know your particular weapon), only certain positions can accept a
replacing of the front sight.

What I might try, assuming that the barrel has an unthreaded
portion projecting into the cylinder hole in the frame, is to turn up a
collar which is a slip fit on the rear of the barrel, and then closes in
to the OD of the projectile (assuming that the rifling is well enough
centered in the barrel -- otherwise, the hole might need to be a bit
larger). You could experiment with aluminum to see what affect it has.
(Don't let anyone stand to the sides while you do this.) If it works
properly, machine some steel to the proper size, and then blue it before
or after pressing it onto the rear end of the barrel.

You might want to chamfer the hole, so it will help to guide the
bullet into the barrel if the cylinder is slightly out of time. (The
barrel probably has such a chamfer.)

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Eric R Snow

According to Eric R Snow :
wrote:

[...]

Greetings DoN,
After looking carefully it seems that the large gap has been there
since new. With rounds in the cylinder the cylinder could only move
back about .005 before the ends of the shells contact the back face. I
thought about the sight deal. And the barrel is octagonal. My plan is
to machine off the shoulder of the barrel an amount equal to one
pitch. Or, if the thread is too fine, two times the pitch. Then
machine the end of the barrel to the desired (required?) clearance.
Your idea of a bushing might work. But it looks as if it would only be
about .050 long and only engage the barrel about .020. I suppose it
would work for a test fire though because it would be trapped between
the barrel and the cylinder. The back end of the barrel is indeed
chamfered. Thanks for the input.
Cheers,
Eric
Artemia Salina

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:25:48 -0700, Eric R Snow wrote:

The back end of the barrel is indeed chamfered.

I must point out that this chamfer is very important.
It is called a "forcing cone" and does indeed guide
the projectile into the barrel. I would hesitate to
tamper with it too much.

I read your response to my comments, and I'm still
concerned about that cylinder. From your description
it sounds like the rims of the shells are touching the
back of the frame and therefor are taking up the play,
forcing the cylinder forward. That sounds potentially
very dangerous given that these are rim fire shells.
If the pistol were to be dropped in such a way that
the front of the cylinder was struck there is a chance
that the shells might detonate.

I still think that the main problem is in the play in
the cylinder, and that as DoN says, there may be a worn
bushing at the back of the cylinder (or it could be a
design flaw or other defect from the factory).

I wish Jack Erbes was here! He'd know for sure!

P.S. Have you asked on rec.guns yet?

Artemia Salina

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:10:29 +0000, T.Alan Kraus wrote:

A well used revolver will develop cylinder gaps that are of the order
you mention. The usual recourse is to remove the barrel, and if screwed
in, add threads, so that you can close the cylinder gap to .005 -. 010.

Do you know specifically what part(s) wear to cause this increased gap?
Moving the barrel back to compensate doesn't sound like the best fix
if the wear is in the cylinder somewhere.

Thanks, from a curious armchair gunsmith.

T.Alan Kraus

Artemia Salina wrote:
On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:10:29 +0000, T.Alan Kraus wrote:

A well used revolver will develop cylinder gaps that are of the order
you mention. The usual recourse is to remove the barrel, and if screwed
in, add threads, so that you can close the cylinder gap to .005 -. 010.

Do you know specifically what part(s) wear to cause this increased gap?
Moving the barrel back to compensate doesn't sound like the best fix
if the wear is in the cylinder somewhere.

Thanks, from a curious armchair gunsmith.

I don't know in this particular case. I have seen revolvers where the
backstrap/frame had stretched, others with forcing cones that had eroded
because the barrel where the cone was cut was to thin to start with. I
should have said "some" well used revolvers will develop.... As by far
not all of them do if you feed them the correct ammo.

cheers
T.Alan
Gunner

wrote:

I have two .22 pistols. Both are H&R brand. One is the Trapper model
and has a 7 round cylinder. When the cylinder is pushed toward the
trigger there is almost .030 between the end of the cylinder and the
barrel. This gun is LOUD. even shooting CB shorts. I want, and can see
how, to remove the barrel. Then the barrel can be machined so that it
goes farther into the frame. If I do this, how much clearance should
there be? The other pistol is a top break with a 9 round cylinder. I
am entertaining the idea of buying or making a new cylinder that can
chamber .22 magnums. Is there a way for a layman to determine if the
pistol can safely shoot .22 magnums?
Thanks,
ERS

Barrel gap to be .003-.008

Note that this will tend to bind after a number of rounds fired. More
if the ammo is "dirty" and less if "clean" If the timing is off..it
may bind with less due to spitting, but thats a good start. Id set it
at .008 personally.

Id avoid converting the top break to the .22 Magnum. You are gaining
very very little in that short barrel. Use Stingers or other high
velocity rounds

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Gunner

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:51:37 -0400, Artemia Salina
wrote:

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:25:48 -0700, Eric R Snow wrote:

The back end of the barrel is indeed chamfered.

I must point out that this chamfer is very important.
It is called a "forcing cone" and does indeed guide
the projectile into the barrel. I would hesitate to
tamper with it too much.

I read your response to my comments, and I'm still
concerned about that cylinder. From your description
it sounds like the rims of the shells are touching the
back of the frame and therefor are taking up the play,
forcing the cylinder forward. That sounds potentially
very dangerous given that these are rim fire shells.
If the pistol were to be dropped in such a way that
the front of the cylinder was struck there is a chance
that the shells might detonate.

Actually, very safe and common practice. It takes far more than a drop
to detonate the priming compound in the rims.

I still think that the main problem is in the play in
the cylinder, and that as DoN says, there may be a worn
bushing at the back of the cylinder (or it could be a
design flaw or other defect from the factory).

I wish Jack Erbes was here! He'd know for sure!

P.S. Have you asked on rec.guns yet?

Sounds like a worn bushing..however...the weapon in question was built
to very loose tolernences
Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Eric R Snow

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:00:20 -0400, Artemia Salina
wrote:

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:10:29 +0000, T.Alan Kraus wrote:

A well used revolver will develop cylinder gaps that are of the order
you mention. The usual recourse is to remove the barrel, and if screwed
in, add threads, so that you can close the cylinder gap to .005 -. 010.

Do you know specifically what part(s) wear to cause this increased gap?
Moving the barrel back to compensate doesn't sound like the best fix
if the wear is in the cylinder somewhere.

Thanks, from a curious armchair gunsmith.

I need to be more clear in my posts. On the back end of the cylinder
are teeth which are used for indexing. These teeth are flat on top and
rotate against a machined surface which limits the movement of the
cylinder away from the barrel. With shells in the cylinder there is a
..004 gap between the rear of the shell and the back of the opening
where the cylinder fits. I think this part is called the frame.
Anyway, with the cylinder travel away from the barrel limited by the
teeth on the cylinder and if they were severly worn by the shells
themselves there is a large gap. If the cylinder is pushed all the way
forward this gap is about .002. So, it seems that two fixes are
possible. Either build up the teeth on the cylinder and re-machine to
the desired length (hard), or remove the barrel and machine the
shoulder to the desired clearance (not as hard). If the second option
is used the end of the spud which limits forward travel will either
have to be built up and re-machined, or a washer will need to be used,
or the spud can be removed, the cylinder counterbored, and a new spud
machined and pressed into the cylinder. I think that's clear enough.
But I often have a hard making myself understood. I'd be a lousy
teacher.
ERS
R. O'Brian

The correct way to fix it is the later, set the barrel back. The ratchet
tooth height sets the headspace and it sounds about right as it is.
Building up the ratchet increases the headspace which is wrong and dangerous
in itself plus the firing pin might not reach if you did.

The cylinder end-shake is corrected first by shimming or what ever it takes,
then the barrel is removed and machined to allow one additional complete
turn on reinstallation. Then the barrel breech end is cut to set an
..003"-.005" cylinder gap. The barrel throat chamfer will then most likely
need to be recut.

Brownells sells all the tooling for this procedure. For a one-off job, it
is likely cheaper to take it to a gunsmith.

Randy

wrote:

[...]

Gunner Asch

wrote:

[...]

If the gap is within reason with a loaded cylinder..dont bother with
it. This particular arm is notable for its loose tolerences. Which is
why they last forever.

While at the range, load the cylinder. Pull the hammer to the rearmost
postition and hold it. Pull the trigger, while continuing to hold the
hammer back, and check the cylinder for looseness..IE see if it will
rotate any significant amount. If so, then there are some things that
need to be adressed, but if not...dont worry about it.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Eric R Snow

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:19:19 -0500, "R. O'Brian"
wrote:

The correct way to fix it is the later, set the barrel back. The ratchet
tooth height sets the headspace and it sounds about right as it is.
Building up the ratchet increases the headspace which is wrong and dangerous
in itself plus the firing pin might not reach if you did.

The cylinder end-shake is corrected first by shimming or what ever it takes,
then the barrel is removed and machined to allow one additional complete
turn on reinstallation. Then the barrel breech end is cut to set an
.003"-.005" cylinder gap. The barrel throat chamfer will then most likely
need to be recut.

Brownells sells all the tooling for this procedure. For a one-off job, it
is likely cheaper to take it to a gunsmith.

Randy

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Greetings Randy,
Thanks for the post. It's nice to get info from someone who knows. As
for sending it out, well, I own a machine shop. And machining is not
just my job, it's also a hobby. So all the mods to this pistol will be
easy for me. I just didn't want to do something stupid. Now, another
question if you don't mind: My other pistol is an H&R model 999
Sportsman. In case you aren't familiar with this gun it is a .22
caliber, 9 shot, top break revolver. A friend of mine told me about
revolver he has that has different cylinders that can be exchanged.
One is for .22 LR and the other for .22 magnum. I have looked a little
for a similar cylinder for the Sportsman with no luck. If I am able to
find another .22 LR cylinder for this pistol would it be safe to alter
it for .22 magnum and fire the pistol? I can even make a cylinder from
scratch but I don't know how to determine if the pistol can safely
fire this round. I suppose I could look up the load a .22 mag puts on
the gun firing it and use the strength of mild steel and the way the
gun is put together but it makes much more sense to find out from
someone who knows if I'm doing it correctly. Or to tell me to get real
and don't mess with it.
Cheers,
Eric R Snow,
E T Precision Machine

Randy Replogle

wrote:

I have two .22 pistols. Both are H&R brand. One is the Trapper model
and has a 7 round cylinder. When the cylinder is pushed toward the
trigger there is almost .030 between the end of the cylinder and the
barrel. This gun is LOUD. even shooting CB shorts. I want, and can see
how, to remove the barrel. Then the barrel can be machined so that it
goes farther into the frame. If I do this, how much clearance should
there be? The other pistol is a top break with a 9 round cylinder. I
am entertaining the idea of buying or making a new cylinder that can
chamber .22 magnums. Is there a way for a layman to determine if the
pistol can safely shoot .22 magnums?
Thanks,
ERS

Do you have a drawing of the cylinder? I know of an H&R 922 that is
missng it's cylinder.
Randy
DoN. Nichols

According to Eric R Snow :

[ ... ]

Now, another
question if you don't mind: My other pistol is an H&R model 999
Sportsman. In case you aren't familiar with this gun it is a .22
caliber, 9 shot, top break revolver. A friend of mine told me about
revolver he has that has different cylinders that can be exchanged.
One is for .22 LR and the other for .22 magnum.

Are both 9 shot? I strongly suspect that the .22 Magnum would
be 6 shot, so the walls between the chambers are thicker. The 9-shot
cylinders are really pushing the strength of the cylinder material.
(I'm not sure whether there is sufficient travel in the indexing pawl to
properly index a six-shot cylinder in that weapon. If not, then perhaps
there never was a .22 Magnum version of this weapon. (And I personally
tend to dislike the idea of putting any kind of Magnum in a top-break
revolver, as the frame strength is much poorer.)

I have looked a little
for a similar cylinder for the Sportsman with no luck.

Try looking at old ads for the company back when that was made
to see whether the .22 Magnum was considered an option.

If I am able to
find another .22 LR cylinder for this pistol would it be safe to alter
it for .22 magnum and fire the pistol?

With a 9-shot one -- I strongly doubt it. A six-shot might be
strong enough, with the right metals.

I would also want a cylinder which shrouds the back of the case
for a .22 Magnum, as the chance of blowout at the rim is increased.
(Just as you will proably find .38 special cylinders with the base of
the cartridge projecting out behind the cylinder, but the magnum version
should have the base shrouded.)

I can even make a cylinder from
scratch but I don't know how to determine if the pistol can safely
fire this round.

The cylinder walls are the first weak point, which is why I
don't think that you will find a 9-shot cylinder for the same weapon.
(It would need to be a larger diameter to make for thicker inter-chamber
walls.)

Next is the strength of the frame, and I don't really trust a
to-break frame with more powerful cartridges -- though I could be wrong
about the .22 Magnum.

I suppose I could look up the load a .22 mag puts on
the gun firing it and use the strength of mild steel and the way the
gun is put together but it makes much more sense to find out from
someone who knows if I'm doing it correctly. Or to tell me to get real
and don't mess with it.

My suggestion would be the latter -- but I don't know from
personal experience.

Part of the problem with any rimfire cartridge would be the lack
of the ability to make a "blue pill" to stress test it in a safely
enclosed test fixture. Until you have passed several such test shots,
you really don't know when it may decide to fail -- usually *not* on the
first shot, unless it is really severely under-strength.

If you want something which packs a punch in a .22 revolver,
look for one of the S&W .22 Jet revolvers. The .22 Jet is a 357 magnum
necked down to hold a .22 jacketed bullet. Note that you really want to
have the cylinder walls free of oil and dry (and the same for your
reloads), or the cartridge will back out and bind the cylinder.

Now *that* weapon was available also with a replacement cylinder
for .22 LR. And *that* cylinder, I would expect to be capable of being
bored out for .22 Magnum.

Out of curiosity -- since I don't have any .22 Magnums available
to check -- is the diameter of the rim larger than on the .22 LR? If
so, the firing pin will not strike it in the proper place, and it is
very likely to misfire or hang fire frequently. The S&W .22 Jet has two
floating firing pins, and a switchable striker in the hammer. And even
if you don't have the alternate cylinder, there was a set of sleeves to
allow you to fire .22 LR from the same weapon for low-power practice.

This was particularly attractive to those in certain South and
Central American countries, where the laws prevented a civilian from
having anything larger than .22 -- but the .22 Jet had a very impressive
bark. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Eric R Snow

wrote:

I have two .22 pistols. Both are H&R brand. One is the Trapper model
and has a 7 round cylinder. When the cylinder is pushed toward the
trigger there is almost .030 between the end of the cylinder and the
barrel. This gun is LOUD. even shooting CB shorts. I want, and can see
how, to remove the barrel. Then the barrel can be machined so that it
goes farther into the frame. If I do this, how much clearance should
there be? The other pistol is a top break with a 9 round cylinder. I
am entertaining the idea of buying or making a new cylinder that can
chamber .22 magnums. Is there a way for a layman to determine if the
pistol can safely shoot .22 magnums?
Thanks,
ERS

Do you have a drawing of the cylinder? I know of an H&R 922 that is
missng it's cylinder.
Randy

NO,obut I could make one. The 9 shot cylinder for the Sportsman has a
feature that pops the spent shells out when the gun is opened. The
Trapper model has the 7 round cylinder without any fancy features. Let
me know which you need and maybe I can help.
ERS
Eric R Snow

On 10 Sep 2005 20:34:57 GMT, (DoN. Nichols)
wrote:

According to Eric R Snow :

[ ... ]

[...]

Thanks DoN, you've given me lots to think about. The first thing I
need to do is look at my friend's pistol and see how it works. I don't
know if it's made by H&R or even if it's a top break. He was just
telling me about his when we were shooting some rifles the other day.
Eric
Gunner Asch

wrote:

[...]

A heads up for anyone reading. Somewhere in my Stuff I have a .22lr
cylinder for a Ruger Blackhawk

for torturing the cat." Gunner

R. O'Brian

wrote:

[...]

.. .
wrote:

[...]

If the gun was originally made in 22 Mag. then you could probably fit a new
cylinder safely. If not, I say forget it. H & R would likely have offered
it in 22 mag if it was feasible because it would have increased sales.
Top-break pistols are not the strongest and absent a factory version, I
would not try it. It is simply not worth the risk. If you want to
experiment, make a new cylinder in .17 HM2 and reline the barrel to .17
caliber. The cartridge is basically a .22 LR case necked down to .17 caliber
and loaded with an ballistically efficient, jacketed expanding bullet. It
makes a 150-200 yd varmint cartridge in a rifle plus accuracy is greatly
improved over the standard 22 RF. Of course in a pistol, performance is
reduced ,but it is still substantially better than the standard 22 RF.

Randy

Eric R Snow

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 13:12:00 -0500, "R. O'Brian"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Thanks Randy. I have heard a little about .17 caliber. Maybe now's the
time to learn more.
Eric
Peter Wiley

In article , DoN. Nichols
wrote:

[snip]

Next is the strength of the frame, and I don't really trust a
to-break frame with more powerful cartridges -- though I could be wrong
about the .22 Magnum.

While I agree 100% WRT the H&R revolvers, the British Webley range of
top break revolvers are very strong designs, originally chambered for
rounds in the Colt 45 ACP range of power (.455 Webley & Scott).

I too think the wall thickness in a 9 shot cylinder too marginal for a
22 Mag round. Making a new cylinder is possible but I think altering
the revolver timing to use a cylinder with (say) 7 chambers is gonna be
difficult; the cylinder is gonna have to rotate further, needing at
minimum a new hand. I pick 7 chambers because it increases wall
thickness while keeping the cylinder stop cutout between chambers
rather than right over the thinnest point.

I once manufactured a complete 22LR revolver for my son and made the 8
shot cylinder plus all d/a lockwork for it. Fun project.

PDW
R. O'Brian

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
. ..
In article , DoN. Nichols
wrote:

[snip]

While I agree 100% WRT the H&R revolvers, the British Webley range of
top break revolvers are very strong designs, originally chambered for
rounds in the Colt 45 ACP range of power (.455 Webley & Scott).

You don't need a very strong gun to shoot 45 ACP . Most factory loads run
under 20,000 PSI. In WWII, Philippino resistance fighters made single-shot
pistols out of standard iron pipe and fired 45 ACP rounds in them. They
would hold together long enough to kill a Jap soldier to get his weapon.

Randy

Randy Replogle

wrote:

Do you have a drawing of the cylinder? I know of an H&R 922 that is
missng it's cylinder.
Randy

NO,obut I could make one. The 9 shot cylinder for the Sportsman has a
feature that pops the spent shells out when the gun is opened. The
Trapper model has the 7 round cylinder without any fancy features. Let
me know which you need and maybe I can help.
ERS

This model doesn't "break open", the cylinder swings out to the side.
Randy

Eric R Snow

wrote:

Do you have a drawing of the cylinder? I know of an H&R 922 that is
missng it's cylinder.
Randy

NO,obut I could make one. The 9 shot cylinder for the Sportsman has a
feature that pops the spent shells out when the gun is opened. The
Trapper model has the 7 round cylinder without any fancy features. Let
me know which you need and maybe I can help.
ERS

This model doesn't "break open", the cylinder swings out to the side.
Randy

Randy,
The one gun is a top break, and the other has a rod that when pulled
out lets the cylinder be removed completely. So neither sounds like
they would work for you. However, can you tell me how long you think
the cylinder should be? And how many rounds? Maybe the 7 shot cylinder
is close enough to work.
ERS

Stupid RPC question for you Electronics types Gunner Metalworking 6 February 13th 05 08:35 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 01:36 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM