Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Question for ex military types

"Phil Stein" wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 09:30:36 +0200, Nick Mueller
wrote:

Phil Stein wrote:

I'm always happy to help a fellow Veteran when I can - no matter where
they post.

Now let's see. I'm making a little legal modification to your statement:

| I'm always happy to help a $person when I can - no matter where they
post.

Now let's insert some new words for $person. That wouldn't make a huge
change, because there are so many people here that have so many different
interests (just a few metalworking, it seems).

Here is a list of words to insert. Hope there are some that show you what
nonsense you told:
* gay
* islamist
* republican
* nazi
* environmentalist
* lesbian
* prostitutes
* militarist
* democrat
* ...

Just stick to the charter. This way you don't get upset even if it is a
$person because they all talk about the same subject they all enjoy:
METALWOKING!

Nick

I would help anyone on your list except a nazi but there are some that
I'll make more effort for than others.

Since we know that people will make off topic posts and there is
nothing that can be done about it, can we just ask them to precede the
topic with [OT] so it is easier for those not interested to skip over
it? This works in other newsgroups.

Or, as many people do, still read it, and then bitch about it. Like
ordering a steak, eating it, and sending the empty plate back to the chef
with a complaint.

Some people just don't have a lot to do.

Steve