Gunner

Default FS- NICE cast iron surface plate

Ive decided that Ive too many surface plates so am selling my 16x24"
cast iron surface plate and rolling stand. Includes a wooden cover.
Plate is mint, with snowflake like scraping marks, no dings, no
gouges, all edges perfectly square

$125 OBO. Located in So. Cal near Bakersfield. May be possible to
deliver it to LA area for a small fee.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
The Davenports

Ive decided that Ive too many surface plates so am selling my 16x24"
cast iron surface plate and rolling stand. Includes a wooden cover.
Plate is mint, with snowflake like scraping marks, no dings, no
gouges, all edges perfectly square

$125 OBO. Located in So. Cal near Bakersfield. May be possible to
deliver it to LA area for a small fee.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

Gunner, when in the hell are you gonna move all your stuff to the midwest so
that I can take advantage of some of the items you have to sell?????

sheesh...WHERE'S THE LOVE, MAN????

{

Mike

Garrett Fulton

"The Davenports" wrote in message
[...]

How about somewhere between the Southeast and the Midwest? Makes me sick
all the good deals he posts here and he's just too doggone far away.

Garrett Fulton

Russ Wizinsky - ProfessorWiz

Ditto, how about somebody finding just loads of stuff around the East Coast or
better yet Michigan....... I'd love to junk the lathe I have and pickup
something I could actually use.

Russ Wizinsky

www.professorwiz.com
www.metalhobbies.com
Gunner

On Mon, 10 May 2004 18:10:49 -0500, "The Davenports"
wrote:

Ive decided that Ive too many surface plates so am selling my 16x24"
cast iron surface plate and rolling stand. Includes a wooden cover.
Plate is mint, with snowflake like scraping marks, no dings, no
gouges, all edges perfectly square

$125 OBO. Located in So. Cal near Bakersfield. May be possible to
deliver it to LA area for a small fee.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

Gunner, when in the hell are you gonna move all your stuff to the midwest so
that I can take advantage of some of the items you have to sell?????

sheesh...WHERE'S THE LOVE, MAN????

{

Mike

When I find a decent job out there, in a CCW friendly place, with not
much snow, and low humidity in the summer time. I can live with
rain..some. Hunting has to be good, and enough small lakes around for
windsurfing and sailing.

And someone willing to pay my moving expenses. I figure it will only
take about 3 flat beds and 4 vans.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

Gunner

On 11 May 2004 02:14:11 GMT, (Russ Wizinsky -
ProfessorWiz) wrote:

Ditto, how about somebody finding just loads of stuff around the East Coast or
better yet Michigan....... I'd love to junk the lathe I have and pickup
something I could actually use.

Russ Wizinsky

www.professorwiz.com
www.metalhobbies.com

Actually..there may be loads of stuff in Michigan. Im sure it all
didnt go into the scrap yards. It is the Rust Belt after all. You just
have to hunt it out.

Networking networking networking.

Anyone need an Axelson lathe? Its 48" by 122". Make you a good deal
on it G

How about a Eberhart 36" shaper? Mighty nice looking machine. I can
probably get it for less than $350. Its sitting under a tarp right
next to the 12" Prentiss-Reed Lathe. It will be cheap too G

Road trip!

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
Garrett Fulton

wrote:

[...]

Did a 940 mile road trip from NC to upper NY state, 940 m. one way, in Jan.
Nasty freezing rain and snow all the way to trade my sorry-ass Shoptask for
an old Clausing 12" x 36". Drove it back down without stopping except for
fuel and had that truck driver miserable pain between my shoulder blade
muscles for two weeks. I'm road tripped out for this year. Why don't you
get a 40' trailer, Gunner, load it up with all those too far away California
good deals, and have a traveling sale to all your buds on this list? I'm
buying the beer when you get to North Carolina.

Garrett

jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

When I find a decent job out there, in a CCW friendly place, with not
much snow, and low humidity in the summer time. I can live with
rain..some. Hunting has to be good, and enough small lakes around for
windsurfing and sailing.

And someone willing to pay my moving expenses. I figure it will only
take about 3 flat beds and 4 vans.

Apparently Haliburton has a web site, you *could* send them
your personal information. My contact says they are actively
hiring. I would think that somebody with machinery and
weapons experience would be a shoo-in, no matter what the
vintage of the applicant.

Jim

please reply to:

Wayne Cook

On Tue, 11 May 2004 08:24:57 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Anyone need an Axelson lathe? Its 48" by 122". Make you a good deal
on it G

How about a Eberhart 36" shaper? Mighty nice looking machine. I can
probably get it for less than $350. Its sitting under a tarp right
next to the 12" Prentiss-Reed Lathe. It will be cheap too G

Road trip!

Gunner

Actually I'm in the process of working with a hot shot driver for
transport of a lathe from your area some time in the future. It'll be
at least a couple of weeks if not a month before I get the cash up (I
wish people would pay me on time) but you might start keeping you eyes
open. I'm looking for the ultimate cheap of course. :-)

Here's what I'm looking for so if anybody finds a good deal of there
on the west coast let me know.

I'm looking for something like a 15x54 LeBlonde with taper
attachment. It can be a little smaller but I would really rather not
go much smaller than a 14" though if I ran across a 10EE or equivalent
I wouldn't complain much. The main things I'm wanting are good
rigidity, a taper attachment, enough power to take at least a 0.100"
cut, the ability to run at least 1200 rpm, and the ability to cut
within at least 0.003" in 12" near the chuck. I don't need super
precision but I don't need another lathe that cuts 0.005" or more out
near the chuck.

A large spindle through hole would be a bonus but not required. I
figure that 6,000 lbs would probably be the heaviest that could be
hauled safely by her trailer unfortunately or I would even consider a
larger lathe as well.

I'm figuring on a $2,000 budget though I might manage to stretch
that a little for the right lathe.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook

Gunner

wrote:

[...]

Wayne..there is a Prentiss Reed at the local div. of OilWell Services
that has become surplus, and a Okuma in LA that may fit the bill.

Ive also got my 13x36 Clausing Colchester round top for sale for $700.
It has bed wear. It does have the taper attachment. Using the taper
attachment to correct for bedwear, it will do better than .003 in 12"
Includes 6" 4 jaw, several drive plates, handwheel collet closer, etc

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
Gunner

On Tue, 11 May 2004 07:34:51 -0400, "Garrett Fulton"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

1. Dont have a rig big enough to haul that much iron
2. Dont have a Class 3 anymore
3. Dont have the funds to fill the truck
4. Dont have the time.

Other than that..sounds like hell of an idea.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
Gunner

On 11 May 2004 05:50:17 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

When I find a decent job out there, in a CCW friendly place, with not
much snow, and low humidity in the summer time. I can live with
rain..some. Hunting has to be good, and enough small lakes around for
windsurfing and sailing.

And someone willing to pay my moving expenses. I figure it will only
take about 3 flat beds and 4 vans.

Apparently Haliburton has a web site, you *could* send them
your personal information. My contact says they are actively
hiring. I would think that somebody with machinery and
weapons experience would be a shoo-in, no matter what the
vintage of the applicant.

Jim

The single biggest impediment....they will not allow civilians
employees to go armed. In a country where every mothers son carries
an AK-74, they wont let employees carry even a pistol or a knife
suitable for self defense.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Apparently Haliburton has a web site, ...

The single biggest impediment....they will not allow civilians
employees to go armed. In a country where every mothers son carries
an AK-74, they wont let employees carry even a pistol or a knife
suitable for self defense.

Sounds like this avenue has been investigated already - and
rejected for that (sensible) reason.

Jim

please reply to:

Sunworshiper

On Tue, 11 May 2004 17:00:12 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On 11 May 2004 05:50:17 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

[...]

Really ? No way. That's plain crazy. I wouldn't want to go near
there before 9-11. It had briefly crossed my mind about doing pools
and spa for them. I wouldn't last a week in that area, that or so
bored from avoiding trouble.

I like how you said road trip twice. They'd freak when they saw the
gas prices out here , I don't even look anymore. There is one of the
cheapest in town right next to me and I could have sworn that I saw at
one place I stop at for ice , it was 2.35 for 87 oct.

Need to work harder at my solar stuff. Got a lead on making my roof
sloped more for next to nothing. Gonna need a boom truck and know
just the right person. I wonder if I'm suppose to ask the city/county
to "redo" my roof. My luck they would say that that's too good and you
have to pay thousands to tell us its adequate. Might have to blow off
a good deal just so I don't have to deal with potential legalized
extortion problems. Weekend roof party...

Wayne Cook

wrote:

[...]

Got any details on those?

Ive also got my 13x36 Clausing Colchester round top for sale for $700.
It has bed wear. It does have the taper attachment. Using the taper
attachment to correct for bedwear, it will do better than .003 in 12"
Includes 6" 4 jaw, several drive plates, handwheel collet closer, etc

I thought about it but unfortunately it's not good enough. I really
need it to cut true without the taper attachment. It would take to
much time to setup that way.

BTW I'm willing to pay you to check it out and to be there when it's
loaded to make sure it gets done right. My driver doesn't have any
experience with machine tools.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook
Gunner

On 11 May 2004 10:42:06 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Apparently Haliburton has a web site, ...

The single biggest impediment....they will not allow civilians
employees to go armed. In a country where every mothers son carries
an AK-74, they wont let employees carry even a pistol or a knife
suitable for self defense.

Sounds like this avenue has been investigated already - and
rejected for that (sensible) reason.

Jim

Yup...that sensible reason got its first workout today in the person of
Nick Berg.

Im sure you are happy that he didnt have a gun. If he had..he might have
lost his head and someone might have gotten hurt.

Gunner

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden."
Strider
Gunner

On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:50:46 -0500, Wayne Cook
wrote:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook

Wayne..there is a Prentiss Reed at the local div. of OilWell Services
that has become surplus, and a Okuma in LA that may fit the bill.

Got any details on those?

Not a lot..but if you are interested, Ill take the time to check em out
for you.

Gunner

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden."
Strider
Sunworshiper

On Wed, 12 May 2004 04:54:56 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On 11 May 2004 10:42:06 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Apparently Haliburton has a web site, ...

The single biggest impediment....they will not allow civilians
employees to go armed. In a country where every mothers son carries
an AK-74, they wont let employees carry even a pistol or a knife
suitable for self defense.

Sounds like this avenue has been investigated already - and
rejected for that (sensible) reason.

Jim

Yup...that sensible reason got its first workout today in the person of
Nick Berg.

Im sure you are happy that he didnt have a gun. If he had..he might have
lost his head and someone might have gotten hurt.

Gunner

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden."
Strider

Yeah, should have left earlier so I didn't get to see the paper first
thing in the morning.

I say to disqualify scrub so we get another choice.
Wayne Cook

wrote:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook

Wayne..there is a Prentiss Reed at the local div. of OilWell Services
that has become surplus, and a Okuma in LA that may fit the bill.

Got any details on those?

Not a lot..but if you are interested, Ill take the time to check em out
for you.

No hurry but if you get a chance see if you can find out something.

Thanks.