Gunner

Default FS- NICE cast iron surface plate

On Tue, 11 May 2004 09:18:00 -0500, Wayne Cook
wrote:

On Tue, 11 May 2004 08:24:57 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Anyone need an Axelson lathe? Its 48" by 122". Make you a good deal
on it G

How about a Eberhart 36" shaper? Mighty nice looking machine. I can
probably get it for less than $350. Its sitting under a tarp right
next to the 12" Prentiss-Reed Lathe. It will be cheap too G

Road trip!

Gunner

Actually I'm in the process of working with a hot shot driver for
transport of a lathe from your area some time in the future. It'll be
at least a couple of weeks if not a month before I get the cash up (I
wish people would pay me on time) but you might start keeping you eyes
open. I'm looking for the ultimate cheap of course. :-)

Here's what I'm looking for so if anybody finds a good deal of there
on the west coast let me know.

I'm looking for something like a 15x54 LeBlonde with taper
attachment. It can be a little smaller but I would really rather not
go much smaller than a 14" though if I ran across a 10EE or equivalent
I wouldn't complain much. The main things I'm wanting are good
rigidity, a taper attachment, enough power to take at least a 0.100"
cut, the ability to run at least 1200 rpm, and the ability to cut
within at least 0.003" in 12" near the chuck. I don't need super
precision but I don't need another lathe that cuts 0.005" or more out
near the chuck.

A large spindle through hole would be a bonus but not required. I
figure that 6,000 lbs would probably be the heaviest that could be
hauled safely by her trailer unfortunately or I would even consider a
larger lathe as well.

I'm figuring on a $2,000 budget though I might manage to stretch
that a little for the right lathe.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook

Wayne..there is a Prentiss Reed at the local div. of OilWell Services
that has become surplus, and a Okuma in LA that may fit the bill.

Ive also got my 13x36 Clausing Colchester round top for sale for $700.
It has bed wear. It does have the taper attachment. Using the taper
attachment to correct for bedwear, it will do better than .003 in 12"
Includes 6" 4 jaw, several drive plates, handwheel collet closer, etc

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell