Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default For all your abrasive needs

Come check us out for all of your needs in the metalworking industry.
www.grithappens.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
nospam

" wrote in message
ups.com...
Come check us out for all of your needs in the metalworking industry.
www.****spammerhappens.com

I buy all my abrasives through Red Hill Abrasives http://www.supergrit.com
and NOT from a SPAMMER!

Nice try.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Wed, 24 May 2006 14:01:59 GMT, nospam wrote:

I buy all my abrasives through Red Hill Abrasives http://www.supergrit.com
and NOT from a SPAMMER!

I didn't know about Red Hill until now, but I thank you for posting
this. I will give them (and not our spammer) my abrasives business.

Note to spammer: you may want to rethink your online marketing strategy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
nospam

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 May 2006 14:01:59 GMT, nospam wrote:

I buy all my abrasives through Red Hill Abrasives

http://www.supergrit.com
and NOT from a SPAMMER!

I didn't know about Red Hill until now, but I thank you for posting
this. I will give them (and not our spammer) my abrasives business.

Note to spammer: you may want to rethink your online marketing strategy.

Dave, I've placed three orders (several hundred $$ each) from Red Hill over
the years and they've always come through for me. My first order was over
the phone (before the internet) and the last one a few months ago entirely
online.

I have affiliation with them (other than being a satisfied customer). They
are worth a look.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
*

Default At least he's up front about it!!

This is an absolutely amazing group...

Just a week or two back, you really flamed a guy for presenting bogus
"testimony" about his own website. ("Wow what a great tool..").

One of the biggest complaints was that he was not "up front" about the fact
that he was SPAMMING, transparently disguising his SPAM as a
"testimonial.".

Now, here's a guy who hides nothing.

His title, "For all your abrasive needs...." makes it pretty clear - to me,
at least - that he's selling something.

Just from the thread's title, I would assume he selling abrasives......but,
I'm no mind reader.

As a matter of fact, it is becoming more and more apparent to me that mind
readers would probably starve due to a continuing decline of material with
which to work in this group.

So, the nincompoops who don't know how to say, "NO!" to ANYTHING - and also
probably don't know how to turn on a lathe or even know which way to orient
a hacksaw blade - are compelled to open the thread, and find, GASP!,
"SPAM!!!!".......

.......something to complain about.....Something to fill their dreary, empty
day.

Yet another off-topic, non-metalworking thread to file and clog up the
metalworking newsgroup.

Yet another one or two more metalworking "regulars" who are.......

..............disgusted with the off-topic, inane threads, not directly or
even indirectly related to metalworking posts............

..............and, tired of the "opportunists" who jump at ANY slight chance
to bitch, ****, and moan about things political and things that are
inconsequential in the discussion of metalworking.......

...........heading to greener pastures where they can discuss things of and
related to metal........

........threatening once again to permanently change the name of this group
from "rec.crafts.metalworking" to "rec.crap.notworking (but collecting
welfare)".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
nospam

"*" wrote in message

[...]

You should take a look 'next door' on sci.engr.joining.welding as he's
SPAMMING there too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Wed, 24 May 2006 15:01:13 GMT, nospam wrote:

"*" wrote in message

This is an absolutely amazing group...

Sure is. Even more amazing is that you're apparently still around.

Just a week or two back, you really flamed a guy for presenting bogus
"testimony" about his own website. ("Wow what a great tool..").

I'm pretty sure my points were several, that (a) he was spamming, and
(b) he was insulting the group's intelligence by thinking we'd never
seen what literally is the oldest trick in the spammers' book.

Now, here's a guy who hides nothing.

Great. Get the charter for the group changed to allow ads, and I won't
have a problem with it. Until then, the group isn't yours to hand over
to the spammers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default WAS: At least he's up front about it!! Is TROLL caught a few folks

* wrote:
This is an absolutely amazing group...

His title, "For all your abrasive needs...." makes it pretty clear - to me,
at least - that he's selling something.

Just from the thread's title, I would assume he selling abrasives......but,
I'm no mind reader.

Actually this guy is not a Spammer. He is a Troll. Should have been
obvious from the fake web site URL.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Jerde

Actually this guy is not a Spammer. He is a Troll. Should have been
obvious from the fake web site URL.

Dunno about that... I got a chuckle out of the domain name. Wish I'd
thought of it. ;-)

http://www.grithappens.com/

-- Mark

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dick

Not wanting to be to picky but it seems as you just busted someones
chops for spamming with some spam of your own.

I buy all my abrasives through Red Hill Abrasives
http://www.supergrit.com
and NOT from a SPAMMER!

Nice try

Dick

"nospam" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ups.com...
Come check us out for all of your needs in the metalworking industry.
www.****spammerhappens.com

I buy all my abrasives through Red Hill Abrasives
http://www.supergrit.com
and NOT from a SPAMMER!

Nice try.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:53:14 GMT, Dick wrote:
Not wanting to be to picky but it seems as you just busted someones
chops for spamming with some spam of your own.

How so? Are you saying he _is_ involved with Red Hill Abrasives?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
bill

"nospam" wrote in message

"*" wrote in message

[...]

I have no problem with his posting, it was short and sweet. It is on topic
for both newsgroups. Ive bookmarked his site to investigate.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Wed, 24 May 2006 20:35:25 -0500, bill wrote:

"nospam" wrote in message

You should take a look 'next door' on sci.engr.joining.welding as he's
SPAMMING there too.

I have no problem with his posting, it was short and sweet. It is on topic
for both newsgroups. Ive bookmarked his site to investigate.

People like you are what has helped make spam as prevalant as it is.
Thanks a whole hell of a lot.

Why in the fark would you give money to a spammer? The guy comes into a
discussion group and exploits it for commercial gain, and you _reward_
that? Un****ingbelievable.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
*

Dave Hinz wrote in article
On Wed, 24 May 2006 20:35:25 -0500, bill wrote:

People like you are what has helped make spam as prevalant as it is.
Thanks a whole hell of a lot.

Why in the fark would you give money to a spammer? The guy comes into a
discussion group and exploits it for commercial gain, and you _reward_
that? Un****ingbelievable.

Why in the "FARK" would ANYBODY allow YOU to decide with whom they choose
to do business?

While I would temnd to agree that *most* SPAMMERS are the scum of the
earth, if someone decides that one SPAMMER has something to offer them in
particular, who in Hell are YOU to say he cannot patronize that business?

The trouble with the Internet and newsgroups these days is not SPAM. I can
simply ignore SPAM.

There are far too many people like YOU who want to decide how others choose
to live in a free country with free enterprise....

****ing communist!!!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
bill

"nospam" wrote in message

You should take a look 'next door' on sci.engr.joining.welding as he's
SPAMMING there too.

I have no problem with his posting, it was short and sweet. It is on
topic
for both newsgroups. Ive bookmarked his site to investigate.

People like you are what has helped make spam as prevalant as it is.
Thanks a whole hell of a lot.

Why in the fark would you give money to a spammer? The guy comes into a
discussion group and exploits it for commercial gain, and you _reward_
that? Un****ingbelievable.

I was on the fencepost on whether or not I would buy from the site. But your
post pushed me over. I am putting in an order tommorrow. I really hope my
buying from him causes you 3x the spam you get now. (I am putting you down
as my reference on his site.)
Your are an arse, a gob ****e and downright putrid person . And plonked.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Thu, 25 May 2006 23:08:54 -0500, bill wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

Why in the fark would you give money to a spammer? The guy comes into a
discussion group and exploits it for commercial gain, and you _reward_
that? Un****ingbelievable.

I was on the fencepost on whether or not I would buy from the site. But your
post pushed me over. I am putting in an order tommorrow. I really hope my
buying from him causes you 3x the spam you get now. (I am putting you down
as my reference on his site.)

See what I mean about "people like you"?

Your are an arse, a gob ****e and downright putrid person . And plonked.

That's nice. Hope the spammer steals your credit card info and posts it
somewhere.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
*

Ken Davey wrote in article

At first glance I wasn't too interested but the anti spam rant made me

check
it out to see what the fuss was all about.
Turns out that it is a good site and I have it bookmarked for future use.
As far as I am concerned it was an on topic post openly advertising a
service and material that could be useful to many here on this ng.

Ken (.02)

--

Boy, you're in trouble now!

Not allowing "Resident Communist" Dave Hinz to control what and how you
think could come back to haunt you........

........but, I would bet that it won't.

Keep thinking independently.......

It apparently ****es off people that lean towards a "Communist Utopia"
where independent thinking can get you shot!........

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
*

Dave Hinz wrote in article

Great. Get the charter for the group changed to allow ads, and I won't
have a problem with it. Until then, the group isn't yours to hand over
to the spammers.

And, I don't recall any sort of referendum or popular vote in which YOU
were assigned the absolute authority over this group, either.....

......nor were you assigned to force YOUR standards of thought, speech, and
choice control onto the users of this group......

the group charter....

What, exactly, is the proscribed penalty for "advertising" here?

How about off-topic political posting??? Is there a penalty for that? It is
far more prevalent than SPAM here......

If an enforceable penalty does, indeed, exist, has it EVER been enforced?

Or is it yet another liberal statement such as, "You'd better not advertise
here or we'll shun you - severely!"

Does the charter simply state, "No advertising" without ANY sort of
enforceable penalty?

.......other than you going, "Wah.... wah..... wah......", of course.

If it is s-o-o-o-o bad, enforce the penalties outlined in the "charter" and
clean up the group.....

If you're going to go after the SPAMMERS, why not clean up all the
off-topic bullschidt while you're at it.

Apply some of your "charter" power to non-metalworking, political posts of
Cliff, Gunner and Dave Hinz....OOPS!

On some days, more than half of the new posts to this group are off-topic,
political crap! Far fewer are SPAM.

At least this particular piece of SPAM concerned a product that could
easily be of interest to the metalworking community.

Most of the politcal crap doesn't concern ANYTHING to do with metalworking.

If you choose to NOT apply penalties outlined in the "charter" - or if
penalties do not exist - then shut the **** up. I, for one, am tired of
listening to you whine. (Notice I don't presume to speak for the group as
you do.....)

It is well within your power and freedom of choice to ignore the posts that
are obviously SPAM.

It's that simple.....