Default Shower and Basin Waste Pipe Fall - HELP!

Hello all

I've Just embarked on my next major project - wet room.
I've had to re-route the shower and basin waste (43mm) under the floor
by cutting holes into joists with a hole saw, however I am having major
problems getting a decent fall. Will this be a big problem?

Any ideas on the best way of achieving a decent fall under floors, some
tip of the trade I'm not aware of. I'm using 43mm waste pipe with 90%
angle bends.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Jeff

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all

I've Just embarked on my next major project - wet room.
I've had to re-route the shower and basin waste (43mm) under the floor
by cutting holes into joists with a hole saw, however I am having major
problems getting a decent fall. Will this be a big problem?

Any ideas on the best way of achieving a decent fall under floors, some
tip of the trade I'm not aware of. I'm using 43mm waste pipe with 90%
angle bends.

I put a shower in 2 yrs ago, fall is about 3-4" over 9-10'...not good, I
think its going to be an annual job removing the pipe and pressure washing
it.

Regards Jeff

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Steve Walker" writes:
wrote:
Hello all

I've Just embarked on my next major project - wet room.
I've had to re-route the shower and basin waste (43mm) under the
floor by cutting holes into joists with a hole saw, however I am
having major problems getting a decent fall. Will this be a big
problem?

I'm no expert, but drilling big holes through joists is always an area for
caution. Especially so if you are drilling in the lower half of the joist
to improve your fall.

Particularly your fall through the floor, with the rest of
the bathroom suite... ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel

Jonathan Pearson

Jonathan Pearson wrote:

http://www.diybanter.com/showthread.php?t=70650

Yes and it went very well and is perfectly safe and got BCO approval.
If you dont have anything constructive or helpful to say why dont you
just **** off elsewhere.