Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
plumber

Default Wow what a great tool

I bought this tool the other day that I found on the net and used it
for my plumbing work. It is really great. You should check it out at
amazingbrazing.com I was a bit dubious at first but thought what the
hell I will try it and see how it goes. It uses no compressed oxygen so
I dont have to carry around any oxy now. variable heat as well..
Just thought I would let you all know...
www.amazingbrazing.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus10275

On 17 May 2006 06:11:05 -0700, plumber wrote:
I bought this tool the other day that I found on the net and used it
for my plumbing work. It is really great. You should check it out at
amazingbrazing.com I was a bit dubious at first but thought what the
hell I will try it and see how it goes. It uses no compressed oxygen so
I dont have to carry around any oxy now. variable heat as well..
Just thought I would let you all know...
www.amazingbrazing.com

It is amazing how you "found" your own website and "bought" tools
there! Maybe you should rename it to "amazingbrazenness.com" or
something.

Domain Name: AMAZINGBRAZING.COM

Registrant:
Atmos Tool Enterprises
Stewart Harvey )
GPO BOX 2867
Brisbane
Queensland,4001
AU
Tel. +001.164738705264

Creation Date: 13-May-2006
Expiration Date: 13-May-2008

Domain servers in listed order:
ns2.orpbus.com
ns1.orpbus.com

Administrative Contact:
natkelz pty lty
Peter Lawson )
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

78 Atherton Circuit
Brisbane

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

On Wed, 17 May 2006 13:17:57 GMT, Ignoramus10275
wrote:

[...]

What amazes me is that the people who disguise their spam like this
expect it to get more sales than being honest. If someone lies about
it someone else will expose it right away. Your above post is a prime
example. Who is going to buy something from this guy even if the
product is a good one? The guy lies about it and he expects lots more
people to send him money than honest spam would generate?
ERS
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On 17 May 2006 06:11:05 -0700, plumber wrote:
I bought this tool the other day that I found on the net and used it
for my plumbing work. It is really great. You should check it out at
amazingbrazing.com

Wow, what a coincidence, Peter! What, I ask, what are the odds, that
would happen to buy a tool, that you yourself sell. One would think
that you could get a discount.

Just thought I would let you all know...

Is there a book that tells you that this is the way to use "Tha
Intarweb" for marketing, or do you people come up with this transparent
scheme all by yourrself? Was this your idea, or Stewart's?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Wed, 17 May 2006 13:17:57 GMT, Ignoramus10275 wrote:
On 17 May 2006 06:11:05 -0700, plumber wrote:
I bought this tool the other day that I found on the net and used it
for my plumbing work. It is really great. You should check it out at

It is amazing how you "found" your own website and "bought" tools
there! Maybe you should rename it to "amazingbrazenness.com" or
something.

Note to self: before doing the trivial lookup involved, check to see if
someone else already has.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"plumber" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought this tool the other day that I found on the net and used it
for my plumbing work. It is really great. You should check it out at
amazingbrazing.com I was a bit dubious at first but thought what the
hell I will try it and see how it goes. It uses no compressed oxygen so
I dont have to carry around any oxy now. variable heat as well..
Just thought I would let you all know...
www.amazingbrazing.com

WOW! This spamming asshole has discovered how to turn a decent O/A rig into
a Burnz-O-Matic torch!

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Isn't that just a rework of a standard air / acetylene torch?

tom

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

What amazes me is that the people who disguise their spam like this
expect it to get more sales than being honest. If someone lies about
it someone else will expose it right away. Your above post is a prime
example. Who is going to buy something from this guy even if the
product is a good one? The guy lies about it and he expects lots more
people to send him money than honest spam would generate?
ERS

Good question. If he posted a message such as hello, sorry for this
ad, but I have such and such great tool that we invented (if that is
true), he would have gotten possibly some interest. Here, with this
fake post, he pretty much ruined any possible interest.

OK, let's give it a try. I have invented a great tool to hold tacos
www.tacotender.com

If you order from that sight, you get your first one for free.

Yes, I am financially involved, and yes this is spam.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message
OK, let's give it a try. I have invented a great tool to hold tacos
www.tacotender.com

You didn't mark it OT, and it's made of injection-molded
styrene/polybutylene copolymer. Where's the metal content?

(don't say "the mold")

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:06:52 GMT, Dave Lyon wrote:

OK, let's give it a try. I have invented a great tool to hold tacos
www.tacotender.com
If you order from that sight, you get your first one for free.

See? An honest post, from someone who contributes knowledge to the
discussions here.

Yes, I am financially involved, and yes this is spam.

Over in the aircooled VW group, there was (probably still is) this one
guy, John something, who is very active and helpful in the group. It
also turns out that he sells VW restoration supplies. Kind of like
Steve Knight in the rec.woodworking group, he's a subject matter expert,
is respected because of his participation, and the odd commercial post
from him is not just tolerated, but welcomed.

If I need a taco holder, I'll go with Dave here. If I need a excellent
hand plane, I'll buy it from Steve Knight. If I need autodrill stuff,
first person I'll talk to is Joe. It's about reputation and how one
interacts with the group. Someone who comes in, contributes nothing,
exploits the group for their own commercial gain (while insulting the
group's intelligence by using literally the oldest trick in the book)
won't get the same response as someone like you, who we know by your
posts.

Any luck talking to QVC or someone about your taco holders, Dave?
Someone must be willing to market those suckers for you. And it's just
a matter of time before the chinese start making knock-offs, so beat 'em
to the punch.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:13:35 GMT, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message
OK, let's give it a try. I have invented a great tool to hold tacos
www.tacotender.com

You didn't mark it OT, and it's made of injection-molded
styrene/polybutylene copolymer. Where's the metal content?

The mold, of course.

(don't say "the mold")

Wups. There goes my chances at becoming the TacoTender spokesman.
Damn.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
*

plumber wrote in article
.com...
I bought this tool the other day that I found on the net and used it
for my plumbing work. It is really great. You should check it out at
amazingbrazing.com I was a bit dubious at first but thought what the
hell I will try it and see how it goes. It uses no compressed oxygen so
I dont have to carry around any oxy now. variable heat as well..
Just thought I would let you all know...
www.amazingbrazing.com

Whoever is teaching "Fabricated Testimonial 101" at Spammer College these
days REALLY ought to freshen the formula......

1. I found this great item on the 'net........(What, exactly, were you
looking for in the first place? Did the computer simply glitch itself over
to this particular website?)

2. I really wasn't looking for it, and I was a bit skeptical, at
first......(If it was something you weren't looking for, what was your
reason for being so skeptical?)

3. But, I decided to take a chance and try it anyway.......(Obviously has
money to burn on things that might not work in order to save YOU the
expense......What a guy!!!!)

4. I cannot tell you how glad I am that I took this chance......(thus
implying that YOU should take more chances in life......)

5. You should buy it!!!! (You should buy it!!!!)

6. It simply dawned on me that there are others who just MIGHT want to know
about this life-changing piece of crap, so in my most magnanimous gesture,
I'll share the website URL with you......(Makes me sound as though I was
brought up to share things and play fair)

7. Just thought I would let you all know......(I wanted to make sure as
many people as possible were SPAMMED)

8. Judging by the poster's address, there may be an even MORE phenomenal
"opportunity" to become a dealer for this latest godsend!!!! (Hey....If you
buy into the "lucky I found this" premise, maybe you can be sold some
oceanfront property in Oklahoma???)

I can usually tell by the second or third sentence......

SPAMMERS are not smart enough to cut a fresh path......thank God!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
*

B.B. u wrote in article

Wow, what a tool.

I just get a feeling that you are NOT referring to the product in
question........

LOL!!!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus10275

On Wed, 17 May 2006 14:41:01 -0500, * wrote:

plumber wrote in article
s.com...
[...]

The fundamental law of spamming is that USENET spamming does NOT pay off.

Intelligent people usually can guess that even without trying to spam.

Hence, USENET spammers (unlike email spammers), are usually very
stupid people with varying degree of stupidity.

Since they are dumb, they are incapable of making their spams look
authentic.

The original poster is a great example. What can be dumber than
spamming his company from an address registered in his own WHOIS
record? Not too many things.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leo Lichtman

"Ignoramus10275" wrote: (clip) What can be dumber than spamming his company
from an address registered in his own WHOIS record? Not too many things.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well, I nominate his website. Did you read through it? It is boring,
repetative and uninformative.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message
OK, let's give it a try. I have invented a great tool to hold tacos
www.tacotender.com

You didn't mark it OT, and it's made of injection-molded
styrene/polybutylene copolymer. Where's the metal content?

(don't say "the mold")

LLoyd

I did build the mold. Does that count?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

Any luck talking to QVC or someone about your taco holders, Dave?
Someone must be willing to market those suckers for you. And it's just
a matter of time before the chinese start making knock-offs, so beat 'em
to the punch.

I've tried, strangely, they're too cheap for QVC to be interested.

What I need to do is invest in some quality packaging, and hire a full time
sales man. I'm just not sure I have the guts to do it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Replogle

Dave Lyon wrote:
Any luck talking to QVC or someone about your taco holders, Dave?
Someone must be willing to market those suckers for you. And it's just
a matter of time before the chinese start making knock-offs, so beat 'em
to the punch.

I've tried, strangely, they're too cheap for QVC to be interested.

What I need to do is invest in some quality packaging, and hire a full time
sales man. I'm just not sure I have the guts to do it.

Make them disposable and mexican restaurants might use them to serve
tacos on a plate or in a basket.
Randy

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:06:52 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Dave
Lyon" quickly quoth:

What amazes me is that the people who disguise their spam like this
expect it to get more sales than being honest. If someone lies about
it someone else will expose it right away. Your above post is a prime
example. Who is going to buy something from this guy even if the
product is a good one? The guy lies about it and he expects lots more
people to send him money than honest spam would generate?
ERS

Not I, and that's for damned sure.

Good question. If he posted a message such as hello, sorry for this
ad, but I have such and such great tool that we invented (if that is
true), he would have gotten possibly some interest. Here, with this
fake post, he pretty much ruined any possible interest.

Indeed. But the problem is that the spams go out to so many people at
once that the odds are good that he'll actually get more sales this
way. Why do you think people continue to force this crap on us? Follow
the money. sigh

OK, let's give it a try. I have invented a great tool to hold tacos
www.tacotender.com

Hey, a buck apiece, $2.99 total shipping for any quantity, and the
first one free? Sucha deal! I'll take 8.

If you order from that sight, you get your first one for free.

I believe you mean "site". It appears that you added the freebie code
to the cart so it automatically subtracts it.

Yes, I am financially involved, and yes this is spam.

Dos preguntas, por favor, Señor Lyon:

Uno: Do theys come in jalapeño green, tambien?
Dos: Weel they works for soft taco shells (flour), too?

Moochos Garcias, dude.

--
"Most Folks Are As Happy As They Make Up Their Minds To Be"
-Abraham Lincoln
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message

Any luck talking to QVC or someone about your taco holders, Dave?
Someone must be willing to market those suckers for you. And it's just
a matter of time before the chinese start making knock-offs, so beat 'em
to the punch.

I've tried, strangely, they're too cheap for QVC to be interested.

What I need to do is invest in some quality packaging, and hire a full
time
sales man. I'm just not sure I have the guts to do it.

Let me give you a little morale booster, here. In DeLand (Florida) at the
airport exists a little one-room business in an old FBO office building.
They work out of about 1800sq.ft.. They do but one thing: They ship the
little "snow globe" jobbies that have ONLY water, a black plastic top hat,
and a plastic palm tree in the globe. It's labeled "Florida Snowman". It
is tacky, silly, and worth about a buck with shipping.

They sell tens of thousands of them a year at a wholesale price of $3.00.

It's all in the presentation!

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Thu, 18 May 2006 11:19:41 GMT, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message

I've tried, strangely, they're too cheap for QVC to be interested.

Let me give you a little morale booster, here.

(snip)

Another idea would be to market these to restaurants, with their logos
printed on them. Make 'em "disposable"
but so that the people will want to take 'em home and use 'em.

They sell tens of thousands of them a year at a wholesale price of $3.00.
It's all in the presentation!

My great-uncle used to own a riverboat on the Mississippi river. Bought
a bunch of ten cent bottles, tried to sell "genuine mississippi river
water" (it was, of course), with a certificate. Couldn't sell 'em for a
buck. Raised the price to $2.99 and couldn't keep bottles in stock.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Courtney

Some comments, assuming this is something you actually intend to sell:
1) They are too cheap. I would make the cost at least equal to the
shipping ($2.99 each).
2) There are "errors" on the page (at least with IE6).
3) You have a "0" page ranking on Google. You might want to work
on that.
4) You call the product "Taco Tender" but in the shopping cart it's
called "Taco Holder".
Not meant as criticism in any way... just observations.
Price is sort of meaningless if I need/want one, $2.99 is still cheap...
until somebody else offers one for less.
Errors on the page not only look bad, but make me nervous about
security... especially if I'm going to order online.
Google is basically the whole game right now... a page rank of "3" is
sort of the minimum for a retail site IMHO.
It's confusing to have the order form show "Taco Holder" and then say
the cost of the free "Taco Tender" will be deducted... makes it look like
what I'm ordering is different from what I'm getting for free. (Yes, I can
figure it out... but why make it more difficult or less "legitimate" than
you need to.)

David

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message

OK, let's give it a try. I have invented a great tool to hold tacos
www.tacotender.com

If you order from that sight, you get your first one for free.

Yes, I am financially involved, and yes this is spam.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
B.B.

In article ,
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

[...]

Let me give you a little morale booster, here. In DeLand (Florida) at the
airport exists a little one-room business in an old FBO office building.
They work out of about 1800sq.ft.. They do but one thing: They ship the
little "snow globe" jobbies that have ONLY water, a black plastic top hat,
and a plastic palm tree in the globe. It's labeled "Florida Snowman". It
is tacky, silly, and worth about a buck with shipping.

They sell tens of thousands of them a year at a wholesale price of $3.00.

It's all in the presentation!

LLoyd

I think I have one of those somewhere.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks Lloyd.

I'll give you guys a little back ground on this project because I'll bet a
number of you are in similar situations as I am.

I own a small machine shop (4000 sq feet). We specialize in building plastic
injection molds. A couple of years ago work was very slow, and I had a
brother that was between jobs. I told him about my idea of a taco holder,
and he thought it was great. We made a deal. I would build a mold for it,
and he would play sales man. So, I went to work. Got a patent, built the
mold, passed the baton on to my brother. Right about that time, he went
through a nasty divorce, and found a job. Suddenly he had no time to play
sales man.

I am a manufacturer. I build things for a living. That's what I'm good at,
and it's what I've done for over 20 years. I am not a salesman, or even a
very good business man. Here I am, stuck with a great idea that is under
funded, and without a qualified salesman to push it over the edge. Not to
mention I stay busy enough running a small business, and raising 4 kids. I
have managed to land a little contract with Ortega, and I sell a few on the
internet. It's obvious that this project needs a booster shot of cash and
time to make it more profitable. I'm just not sure I'm willing to take the
gamble.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

"David Courtney" wrote in message
Some comments, assuming this is something you actually intend to sell:
1) They are too cheap. I would make the cost at least equal to

the
shipping ($2.99 each).

Would people pay that much for a plastic part?

2) There are "errors" on the page (at least with IE6).

I hate that sight. It will be completely changed in July

3) You have a "0" page ranking on Google. You might want to work
on that.

This site is my special "blue light special" site. It is only used when I
want to give somebody a special deal. My normal site has a 4 ranking
(whatever that means).

4) You call the product "Taco Tender" but in the shopping cart

it's
called "Taco Holder".

Thanks, I missed that.

Not meant as criticism in any way... just observations.

I'll take all the help I can get!

Price is sort of meaningless if I need/want one, $2.99 is still

cheap...
until somebody else offers one for less.
Errors on the page not only look bad, but make me nervous about
security... especially if I'm going to order online.
Google is basically the whole game right now... a page rank of "3" is
sort of the minimum for a retail site IMHO.
It's confusing to have the order form show "Taco Holder" and then say
the cost of the free "Taco Tender" will be deducted... makes it look like
what I'm ordering is different from what I'm getting for free. (Yes, I

can
figure it out... but why make it more difficult or less "legitimate" than
you need to.)

David

Thanks for your observations. I'll be starting my website over from scratch
soon and I will be taking your advise on the new version.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave Lyon wrote:

I'll take all the help I can get!

Thanks for your observations. I'll be starting my website over from scratch
soon and I will be taking your advise on the new version.

Have you tried selling to restaurants that sell Tacos? One of the
local Mexican restaurants has a luncheon buffet. I would think they
would buy some. If you do sell to restaurants, it would be good to
have your web site molded into the part, so people could think this is
a really great idea, Ah a URL, I can order some.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
*

Default SPAMMING 102

wrote in article
.com...
Wow. I totally agree with what you guys have said about spamming.
I was chatting the otherday about how to 'advertise' the web site with
my nephew and a couple of mates. One of them suggested we use google
groups. Good Idea, but what happened was that it turned out that my
nephew decided he would use my computer and try to 'help' out. I didnt
realise what had happened til I looked at some stats for the site and
saw some links from this group. I couldnt work out what had happened
til I found out what he had done. Boy was I furious. Hense he has been
banned from my computer while he is visiting.
All I can say is sorry that this has happened and yes it is a lane way
to go about it. there is already too much of this going on.
I do not need this kind of advertising. Hopefully he has learned a
lesson.
Anyway Sorry guys...

YUP!

THAT's SPAMMING 102....."Begging Forgiveness Serves To Keep Your SPAM
Exposed - and MAY fool a few people"

1. I didn't do it on purpose......even though it DID come from my computer.

1A. I didn't expect such a backlash.....I guess people really ARE getting
sick of SPAM!

2. My (wife, son, nephew, doctor, monk, barber, etc.) took me a little too
seriously when I broached the subject.....THEY did it, not me!! .......I'm
a "good guy" who would NEVER SPAM a newsgroup....even though I admit that I
was thinking about it.

3. I did NOT have sex with that women......and I will NEVER do it
again......(Hey! It worked for Clinton!)

4. I agree with youse guys 100 percent, and I'll NEVER SPAM your newsgroups
again....Fortunately, there are STILL another 10,000 or so that I CAN
SPAM!!!

5. I don't need this sort of advertising.....even though I'm too cheap to
use conventional methods and I did admit that I was seriously considering
it before my (wife, son, nephew, etc.) took it upon themselves to do the
very thing that I was thinking of doing.

6. You're ALL a bunch of morons who are easy to fool........I REALLY and
TRULY believe I've pulled the wool over your eyes with my transparent,
true-to-form, follow-up, "apology" that contains the same language as the
"apologies" of SPAMMERS who came before me.

7. Yes.....I am THAT stupid!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany

On Thu, 18 May 2006 10:26:55 -0500, the renowned "David Courtney"
wrote:

Some comments, assuming this is something you actually intend to sell:
1) They are too cheap. I would make the cost at least equal to the
shipping ($2.99 each).

Or sell them in pairs.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dave Lyon wrote:

I'll take all the help I can get!

Thanks for your observations. I'll be starting my website over from

scratch
soon and I will be taking your advise on the new version.

Have you tried selling to restaurants that sell Tacos? One of the
local Mexican restaurants has a luncheon buffet. I would think they
would buy some. If you do sell to restaurants, it would be good to
have your web site molded into the part, so people could think this is
a really great idea, Ah a URL, I can order some.

Dan

Yes, I've sold to a couple of small restaurants. And, all the Taco Tenders
have my website molded into them.

What is it? CXI R.H. Metalworking 24 April 22nd 06 04:44 AM
Patent that toolpath boys, oops, too late. Guy Fawkes Metalworking 47 January 12th 06 07:32 PM
OT - Humour: Tool definitions - long Phil Hansen Woodworking 8 December 8th 05 07:57 PM
"homemade" tool steel George Watson Metalworking 39 January 24th 04 12:06 AM
Basics on Depth of Cuts Chris S Metalworking 10 September 2nd 03 03:15 AM