Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default Wow what a great tool

On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:06:52 GMT, Dave Lyon wrote:

OK, let's give it a try. I have invented a great tool to hold tacos
www.tacotender.com
If you order from that sight, you get your first one for free.

See? An honest post, from someone who contributes knowledge to the
discussions here.

Yes, I am financially involved, and yes this is spam.

Over in the aircooled VW group, there was (probably still is) this one
guy, John something, who is very active and helpful in the group. It
also turns out that he sells VW restoration supplies. Kind of like
Steve Knight in the rec.woodworking group, he's a subject matter expert,
is respected because of his participation, and the odd commercial post
from him is not just tolerated, but welcomed.

If I need a taco holder, I'll go with Dave here. If I need a excellent
hand plane, I'll buy it from Steve Knight. If I need autodrill stuff,
first person I'll talk to is Joe. It's about reputation and how one
interacts with the group. Someone who comes in, contributes nothing,
exploits the group for their own commercial gain (while insulting the
group's intelligence by using literally the oldest trick in the book)
won't get the same response as someone like you, who we know by your
posts.

Any luck talking to QVC or someone about your taco holders, Dave?
Someone must be willing to market those suckers for you. And it's just
a matter of time before the chinese start making knock-offs, so beat 'em
to the punch.