Eric R Snow

Default Marjen Machines?

Anybody dealt with these folks? They have good feedback but somehow
the name seems to me to have some kind of negative connotations.
Thank You,
Eric R Snow
williamhenry

I bought a harig grind all from em took about three weeks to get it and a
whole bunch of threats and emails , finally called em and got it a couple of
days later fed ex

I think their either overwhelmed by the amount of business they are doing or
they have a bunch of shill auctions running to get the feedback up

they closed 114 auctions one day last month

MP Toolman

I won a couple big micrometers from them. So far all I know for sure is that
their shipping is very slow. Just got an email that the items shipped (after
about 2 weeks wait.) Hope the item quality and the packing are better than the
promptness in shipping.

Mill

Anybody dealt with these folks? They have good feedback but somehow
the name seems to me to have some kind of negative connotations.
Thank You,
Eric R Snow

Rich McCarty

If its the surplus machinery place in Bristol (Forestville?), CT, I was
there about a month ago. Seemed like the usual surplus machine places with
lots of big old production machines. I bought an old Wade #5 bench lathe and
saw, briefly, the 'office'. My guess is that computers, email, and possibly
even shipping regular things (not big machines) are probably pretty new to
them....

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
Anybody dealt with these folks? They have good feedback but somehow
the name seems to me to have some kind of negative connotations.
Thank You,
Eric R Snow

Asp3211968

i have bought several items all were fine except the bp head that they have not
sent since december, they say it was relisted on error.
Carl Byrns

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:37:11 -0800, Eric R Snow
wrote:

Anybody dealt with these folks? They have good feedback but somehow
the name seems to me to have some kind of negative connotations.
Thank You,
Eric R Snow

Your instincts haven't failed you- Marjen has been linked to Ali
Babin.

-Carl
Eric R Snow

wrote:

Anybody dealt with these folks? They have good feedback but somehow
the name seems to me to have some kind of negative connotations.
Thank You,
Eric R Snow

Your instincts haven't failed you- Marjen has been linked to Ali
Babin.

-Carl

Maybe it was the Bristol , CT address that made me think that. I would
hate to lump them in with Babin if it wasn't true. I think I'll just
watch them for now. Thanks for all the replies.
ERS
williamhenry

just got the harig grind all I bought

destroyed beyond repair , looks like it was in a huge fire

the auction said it was used , but not in the trinity tests
I will be seeking a refund and leaving negative feedback

aribert

Default Marjen Machines? A satisfied customer

I just received my winning e-bay auction item, 3801511937, from them. I
must admit that I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the
replies (after I had already won the bid and sent in my money). After
winning the auction Marjen quoted my $36 shipping. I sent them an
e-mail and politely asked by what method they were planning on shipping
the parts because my eyeball guess at the weight was about 20 lbs and
the UPS ground was about $13 to $18 from their ZIP to mine. I received
a response from them with in a day, stating that the weight was 39 lbs
and that shipping would be $16 and change. A very minor note: a few of
the parts in my winning lot appear to be from B'port clones, not all the
pulleys are rough castings w/ the 2J xxx P/N on them (and the ones that
are machined on the backside have P/Ns that do not appear to related to
the 2J parts list that I have. All in all I am pleased with the
purchase. Now all I really need to complete the 2J head is a motor.