Leigh Knudson

Default FS - Several Older Machines Cheap (SoCal)

I spent a couple of hours today viewing and buying a number of used
machines that had been operated for many years as a tool and die shop.
I passed on about half the machines as they were too old or too
obsoltete to earn any money with. Here is a short list. 15-16"
Rockford lathe with flat belt drive, two ugly old turret lathes both
apparently operational, cute little Hendey table top planer, 16-18"
shaper, small Index vertical mill, absolutely the oldest Miller
Heliarc welder I have ever seen several horizontal mills and more.
With the exception of the Heliarc I think all the machines had been
converted from overhead lineshft power. The building had 3 phase power
so the motors could have been either single or three phase. Speaking
of motors there were at least 30 very antique looking motors in a
storage rack.
I did buy a Hardinge Cataract lathe, and early HLV, a B'port
J-Head, Siamp vertical mill, Cincinnati #2 cutter grinder, a Boyer
Schultz 6"x18" surface grinder and a lot of smalls. All of these items
are for sale and I am certain I will pull a few wheel barrow loads of
tooling out of the buildings when I have better chance to inspect the
situation.
The reason for this rather lengthy post is everything mentioned
above is for sale. I told the owner I would help him find homes for
the machines that I didn't buy and I am doing that posting here on
RCM. I am not going to drag every potential buyer into these
buildings (they are in LA) but if you want something make an offer, by
Email and I will evaluate the machine, make your offer to the owner
and get back to you. Since I will be moving the stuff out with the
help of a rented fork lift I'll work with you on loading and let you
make a contribution toward the forklift rental or my lunch. The move
out will be in a week or two and most probably on two consecutive
weekdays. There is tons of stuff that will be scrapped as it is just
too obsolete and or too rusty to bother with and I will ask the
current owner if I can offer it too you folks when I am done loading.
Contact me at or (949) 645-7601 if you want
something. I get so much Spam and crap on this Email address I
probably will delete any message you try to send me here.
Leigh@MarMachine

Cheap drills Simon Pleasants UK diy 11 June 22nd 04 12:17 AM
Men, Metal & Machines - NEW Model Engineering Expo (Updated 23 Aug 2003) Scott S. Logan Metalworking 0 October 4th 03 04:40 PM
Quantum Mechanics and Self-Replicating Machines Doug Goncz Metalworking 34 September 17th 03 04:06 PM